Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Changes are coming to Negril...

User Info Menu

Re: Changes are coming to Negril...

I think the article is Jamaica-speak for across the road from Boardwalk Village. It will indeed be across the road, only a ways south, towards town, approximately across from the Treehouse. The property was a shopping centre years ago (10 years ago?), wasn't open for very long, and has been vacant since, although it has been well maintained over the many years of its closure. I have walked past this property many times from our stays at the Rayon Hotel and often wondered why someone doesn't reopen it. I, for one, can't wait for a more convenient Cambio than the one at Times Square.

User Info Menu

Ah Ha! It was called Bayside Village Plaza Shopping Center years ago.

User Info Menu

According to the article, one of the reasons for the move away from the downtown area was to reduce congestion.
    Seeing it from a real estate perspective...the closures were inevitable as Sunshine Plaza has been sadly deteriorating over the years. Other than slightly inconveniencing the West End people...I find it to be a better location for locals that have to bank from Orange Bay, Green Island and the many newer areas being developed...and coming from the Sav direction...it won't make that much of a difference considering how bad the traffic congestion can get downtown.

Though we've heard the rumour that HiLo is closing and maybe moving...there hasn't been any confirmation as to which grocery chain is going in the new location. Hopefully we'll get a competitor to the HiLo/Value Master brand...as having two stores from the same chain within a couple of blocks of each other was strange...same goods, same prices...no competition!!

This town is certainly growing!

User Info Menu

Any idea when the grocery store will open

User Info Menu

Isn't January 2019 a little over a month away? Are they opening then? (Not a year

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JaJodi View Post
    Isn't January 2019 a little over a month away? Are they opening then? (Not a year
    That's my thought, first of the year.

User Info Menu

Was being extremely sarcastic
    My recollection is nothing opens on schedule in Jamaica
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]

User Info Menu

Changes? Negril has changed?

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Oh no - that's the only ATM we've ever used! We've never had a problem with it. Which would be the next most secure? I'm sure this has been covered before but we are coming soon... Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    There's been a lot of rumour etc over the summer in regards to HiLo closing/moving, the NCB (bank) moving, the ATM which is already closed that was located next to HiLo....and here's the reason why in the link below....
    http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/busin...ofile=1606url]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Oh no - that's the only ATM we've ever used! We've never had a problem with it. Which would be the next most secure? I'm sure this has been covered before but we are coming soon... Thanks!
    There are secure ATMs at Scotia Bank downtown & in Time Square,
    CIBC across the parking lot from Burger King,
    Sagicor in the Coral Seas Plaza parking lot,
    NCB outside of Value Master,
    and another Scotia Bank & NCB ATM near/in the Petcom gas station across from the Royalton.