Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just a couple of thoughts from December trip

User Info Menu

Re: Just a couple of thoughts from December trip

Quote Originally Posted by Islandbouy View Post
    My wife had the Jerk chicken pasta..... Not like it has been.
    Try The Lodge at Tensing Pen. Food is as good as Ivan's was.

Will Do !!!!…… Just hard to accept that Ivan's has changed that much !!!...… and can't see it !!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kwhizz View Post
    About dinner at Ivan's...... It was always my favorite restaurant in Negril..... Been going there for years and I always got the Jerk Chicken Rasta Pasta....... We went down in October and it was terrible..... Just got back and tried it again...It was slightly better but still not anywhere close to what I had in the past...... You could tell by looking at it that the sauce wasn't the same .......... Watery and nowhere near the blended taste it always had in the past....... Must have a new Chef there.... Talked to the people there and they said nothing had changed.......LOL......We are going back in Feb. One more try......... Just my $.02
    Stayed at CATCHA a few nights in June. They did have a HELP WANTED: CHEF sign up. The food seemed fine to us in June. I think I only had some regular pasta though. Jamaican breakfast was good! Well we are going back to Catcha for a week in Jan. We shall see then!

User Info Menu

Not to beat a dead horse here about Catcha……. But...… Here is a picture of my favorite dish over the years ……… Jerk Rasta Pasta

So..... Like I said …… in October and December when we went there …………
    Here is a picture of what I received...…

I was told by them it was the exact same plate...….. Not even close...….. Don't get me wrong Ivan's is my favorite restaurant in Negril......We will be back in 4 weeks...…. Hope they can get it figured out by then...……. The taste between the old and the new are miles apart …… Just Say'in !!!!
    Last edited by kwhizz; 12-23-2018 at 04:44 PM.