Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just a couple of thoughts from December trip

User Info Menu

Just a couple of thoughts from December trip

We haven't been to Negril for 2 years and just my observations and thoughts.

First off Skylark was great for breakfast and the famous Red Stripe Battered fish sandwich. (best fish sandwich ever)

The Marathon was a good time with the rasta pasta party and music afterwards. But we noticed a cutback on the music at the parties and while running. They had a DJ instead of live bands, just an observation. Not many cars playing music on the race course to drown out my crying and moaning.

Our stay at Catcha Falling star was great as always. The food at Ivans was good but lacked the wow factor.
    A nice surprise came from dinner at the Lodge at Tensing Pen. Had the Seafood rundown. Lobster, calamari and shrimp in a rundown sauce. WOW. We will be back to eat there again.

White sands started serving dinner. We had whole snapper very good at a good price.

Vinnies was good. Had Jerk chicken and conch soup. Good prices and very good food. We ate there a couple times

Sunshine plaza is a ghost town now, Most shops shut down getting ready to move to the new mall.

We stopped to see Gordo at Red Dragon on his birthday. Pork was fantastic and the coldest red stripes in Negril

We had a great time and will be back next year for marathon (10k)

Mike

User Info Menu

Re: Just a couple of thoughts from December trip

Vinnie's is my new favorite place, love the atmosphere at night, the food, the prices !!

User Info Menu

where is the new mall

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
    where is the new mall
    Here is the link to the new mall discussion from last month!

https://negril.com/forum/showthread....ming-to-Negril
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Just my observations...Vinnie's is very good. White Sands has great breakfasts. The motor bikes & most vehicles were driving way toooo fast on the beach and cliff road!!! The crowds at Roots Bamboo music nights were half young Jamaican boys/men selling weed, and lots of workin' girls. The word "no" means nothing. Hustlers very aggressive.... Hardly ever seen law enforcement. Just my thoughts...the ocean is amazing.

User Info Menu

I don't like walking past Roots. I find them to be the most aggressive people on the beach. I never cared for it as my husband was almost robbed there many years ago (thankfully just almost) but this year & last time 2 years ago they seemed even more aggressive. No one else on the beach bothers me. If we say "no thank you" most are fine with it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollfarmer View Post
    Just my observations...Vinnie's is very good. White Sands has great breakfasts. The motor bikes & most vehicles were driving way toooo fast on the beach and cliff road!!! The crowds at Roots Bamboo music nights were half young Jamaican boys/men selling weed, and lots of workin' girls. The word "no" means nothing. Hustlers very aggressive.... Hardly ever seen law enforcement. Just my thoughts...the ocean is amazing.
    I actually kept count one night, sitting at Roots bar while the band played and had 16 wrk'n girls approach. Near the end I'd greet them with 'Hello Mz 14' or Mz 15... etc. LOL

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SVW View Post
    I don't like walking past Roots. I find them to be the most aggressive people on the beach. I never cared for it as my husband was almost robbed there many years ago (thankfully just almost) but this year & last time 2 years ago they seemed even more aggressive. No one else on the beach bothers me. If we say "no thank you" most are fine with it.
    Yeah, it's starting to get like Bourbon beach (which I stopped going to a few years ago)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Yeah, it's starting to get like Bourbon beach (which I stopped going to a few years ago)
    Ugh, not good to hear. I miss Bourbon Beach sooooo much. Where is your "go to" place now on the beach?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ripstar View Post
    Ugh, not good to hear. I miss Bourbon Beach sooooo much. Where is your "go to" place now on the beach?
    Well Alfreds is still pretty laid back when they have a band (I rarely get hassled/hustled there), Woodstock on thurs is pretty good with their outdoor concert and since Rudy moved to the Yard Beach House, I like it there as well...

My 'after dinner' warm up bar is usually Tony's Hut...

I still haven't given up on Roots yet either (I went back a couple of nights later and had a good laugh with a group of the wrk'n girls, talking about it, because even they realized it was ridiculous)..
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 12-18-2018 at 12:03 PM.