Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: We're here - Fun Holiday!

User Info Menu

We're here - Fun Holiday!

Hey Boardies,
    We flew out of Allentown PA - It's like 20 minutes from our home - small airport - no hassles!Arrived at MoBay at 3:00 p.m. - Alfred was already there awaiting our arrival. Good ride from MoBay to Negril with our friend - gave us time to catch up and just enjoy being back in Jamaica! (It's been two years!)

Connected with Nicole at Fun Holiday and got our room. We got an absolutely incredible AI deal with Fun Holiday through Spirit Air - even though we didn't fly with them! We started out in A102 - a decent room near the beach - first floor.. But we wanted a King size bed, and this room had two doubles.. So today, we changed it up - Got a room upstairs - King size bed, balcony with a beach view - It is fantastic!

Started the day out worshiping with the congregation of New Testament Church, Negril - Just off the turnaround. Came back to Fun Holiday - Sand gravity set in, and spent the day just relaxing on the beach.

Robert's Jerk Chicken is fantastic The buffet has been pretty good so far. - I know there were some complaints about the drink selections for AI guests - but we've found it to be pretty much the same as any of the small resorts - like Legends for example. A little limited but certainly adequate. And the food selection like I said, has been good so far.

The staff has been GREAT! Real Friendly - We ran into our dear friend Karl Ricketts.. And Neville the "Patty Man" was by and said hello! Waiting to see Miss Gem ("And a fruit!") and the lunch time broadcast with Rob - We'll post some pics when the sand gravity lets up a bit!
    The Earth is the Lord's and everything in it!

User Info Menu

Glad to hear you are happy with Fun Holiday so far. Like you, I have been curious about the place and the reviews have been rather sparse. Looking forward to any pics you might have, and enjoy your visit.

User Info Menu

Glad you're enjoying your stay. Does the AI plan include dirty bananas, hummingbirds, pina coladas, those kinds of drinks? Have always been interested in Fun Holiday but it gets such mixed reviews.

User Info Menu

Good to hear all is going well and looking forward to hearing more!

Blue Cave Castle '12, '13 '14 '15 '16 Catcha Falling Star '13 Boardwalk Village '14 '15

User Info Menu

Thanks for the update have a couple stays lined up there in the next little bit.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Sounds great. Hope to meet you when I return to Negril on Tuesday 11/15.
    Tom Hudson
    Self-Employed CPA
    Founder, Domaine Hudson wine bar & eatery, Wilmington, DE

User Info Menu

welcome home !

I got in yesterday too and Jamaica is SWEEEEEET.
    See you around - thanks for sharing.
    Bless
    Preach Peace / Live Love / Blessed Be
    ONE LOVE
    Sweetness

User Info Menu

Come with the trip report

User Info Menu

I am excited to hear from someone who is staying there now.. we are coming in next month.. can't wait to hear all about it. Have fun!
    Jamaica Bound!

Sponsor

User Info Menu

Sounds just great DaRev...and you are settling in at a nice easy pace

Not sure if you will still be there when we arrive, but hope to bump into you if so! Take lots of pics ~~