Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Rooms on de Beach

User Info Menu

Rooms on de Beach

Good day Boardies

rumour has it that Rooms no longer has an ice machine. any truth to that and what the heck is up with that ?

User Info Menu

Re: Rooms on de Beach

Quote Originally Posted by stoner5 View Post
    Good day Boardies

rumour has it that Rooms no longer has an ice machine. any truth to that and what the heck is up with that ?
    OMG!!!

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Stoner,
    At the end of September there was no ice machine, but ice is available at the bar for the asking. Things in general are good to excellent at Rooms, imo. Enjoy your vacation.

User Info Menu

Even last Feb, there was no ice machine, but they would set a huge cooler beside the bar, to serve yourself. Hope at least THAT is available. No ice makes for very unhappy campers! Stoner, see you Feb 3rd, we'll see for ourselves! LOL
    Country Country 2001, Sunset at the Palms 2003, Point Village 2004, Couples Negril 2006, Point Village 2007, Country Country 2008, Rooms Negril 2009, Rooms Negril 2010, Treehouse Feb 2011, Breezes Oct 2011, Rooms Negril Feb 2012, Rooms Negril Feb 2013, Grand Lido July 2013, Rooms Feb 2014, Riu Palace Tropical Bay May 2014, Rooms Negril Feb 2015/Treehouse Feb 2015 , Rooms Feb 2016. ....Rooms Feb 2018, Beachcomber May 2018, Beachcomber Dec 2018.... Rooms Feb 2019...Beachcomber Nov 2019.

User Info Menu

FYI

Yeah, at Whites Sands, I stay at on the garden side usually (nicer, bigger rooms and quieter) and there's no ice machine there and it's a long walk to the beach bar. So I suggested to the manager, Mike, that he get an ice machine and he told me that they have ice out back of the office and that they'll get ice for you if you ask ...

Last edited by ukran1ans; 01-08-2019 at 01:56 PM.

User Info Menu

Thank you Sunray and Jody and yes Jody I will be there on Feb. 3rd so we will find out.

User Info Menu

In all my trips to Rooms, that ice machine was never working. Lol

[/url]

User Info Menu

That poor old machine has finally given up. Never was working 100% for the last few years. Ice is available at the bar or buy a bag at the store close by.

User Info Menu

Can't wait for my hard boiled egg!!!???