Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fe fi fo fum I smell the blood of a FAMOUS MAN!

User Info Menu

Jesus Mary n Joseph ... Tics ... you DO have a way about spinning a story ....

BOAL!!

User Info Menu

ya, and Elton John is going to sit in for a couple of songs, too! told you Seastar Inn is a great deal!!!!

Sheldon Bernard is my best friend and keyboard player. He also plays with Beres. Not sure how you came to this other conclusion...

Bless!

RB$

User Info Menu

I read this post by Robin Banks and I just saw the name Beres Hammond got all excited and assumed the other name was his real name
    Oh well one can dream LOL

"Also, appearing with me onstage will be international Jazz recording artist Maurice Gordon on guitar from Kingston and also Sheldon Bernard (Beres Hammond) on keys! This will be a great night of fun and music!!!

Bless!

RB$ "

LOL gerry
    and Laurel I am boaling too!

User Info Menu

Tic, thank goodness you didn't over react :-)

I keep telling you, deep breaths likkle sista.

Bless...
    Ed

User Info Menu

Hanging my head taking the shame come on admit it Beres and Seastar though who would NOT be excited.

User Info Menu

mwhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Love this thread. It's sorta like when you go to see the English rock band Asia these days, or lots of other nostalgic-type acts. The lineup is redonk. Basically the "original monitor tech" that toured with them in '88 or whatever is the main guy now, and a mess of hired session dudes and he are "covering" Asia's tunes. They've somehow gotten the legal rights to the name...etc...

So much of music promotion is bunk.

(Not saying the post intentionally misled, but it was certainly aiming to capitalize on the keyboard guy's credentials).

My electric band once opened a show for Elephant Bear. (They have two guys from Trey Anastasio's touring band in their band and that made us nervous).

The show was average. They were just an ok band. Maybe the stuff they are asked to play with Trey is really simple and their day rate is just cheaper than anyone else's. Even Trey A. has a budget. Just sayin'... Get my point?

In any case, I am sure the Seastar show will be AWESOME!!!!
    Last edited by brasi; 11-14-2011 at 02:23 PM.

User Info Menu

The keyboard player is probably absolutely brilliant I just thought his name was Beres

The "keyboard guy" is also a Grammy award winning producer, so his credentials are long and impressive, apart from his having been part of Beres' band for many many years. He is also the gentleman who has accompanied me at my shows in Jamaica, and in particular at Seastar since the inception of live entertainment at Seastar. Chris built the first concrete stage at Seastar for my very first performance there... we go back.

In addition to Sheldon Bernard, Maurice Gordon will also be accompanying me on New Years Eve. Maurice is perhaps the most accomplished living Jazz and Blues guitarist on the island. He is the primary instructor of music theory, bass and guitar at the Edna Manley School for the Performing Arts in Kingston. Which is basically the Berkeley of the Caribbean. Maurice is largely responsible for the consistent quality of musicians that come up out of Jamaica every year. Not just Reggae musicians but Jazz schooled, world class players. He is a world class entertainer and I am glad to have both he and Sheldon as friends and in my musical circle.

This is how I roll...

Bless!

RB$

User Info Menu

dont get me wrong PLEASE - but i when i came to seastar for the 'one love reggae show' - whic by the way was a great value and my family (parents, siblings, our children) all had a ncie time.. BUT, Robin Banks was performing that night - and she was talented, and it was a entertaining enough show - again please dont take offense - but my dad and i had only one complaint, and we have both brought it up a bunch of times since we were there in February, is that there wasnt ANY REGGAE in this one love reggae show.. the drummers were in good form, and the kids especially loved the dancers.. the food was great - but NO REGGAE MUSIC WAS PLAYED AT ALL!! no i am not kidding. it was a jazz and blues show - which isnt what we expected or wanted.. now i will admit we only stayed a couple hrs, and got there around 7, just after sunset..i will come back though, sorry i blew up.. lol..