Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have you packed yet? (A mixture of photos)

User Info Menu

Re: Have you packed yet? (A mixture of photos)

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    agreed! I'm going carry-on only in my convertible backpack, so I've got most of the important stuff in there (clothes I won't wear because it's winter), just have to see what else I can stuff in. I have two small cubes for my toiletries, I find they pack better. Was considering one of those over the door shoe organizer things that makes toiletries organizing a dream... but not sure it'll fit and it's definitely a luxury item. Wonder if I could find one in town?
    Well mine is all plastic and more than a bag, it's a series of a dozen pockets or so that comes with hooks that's hangs on the door and it folds up very flat (maybe a quarter inch thick) when not in use. I've mostly traveled with carry on only as well and it fits easily into my backpack. I found it a few years ago in a local AAA store.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by LivinInThe603 View Post
    agreed! I'm going carry-on only in my convertible backpack, so I've got most of the important stuff in there (clothes I won't wear because it's winter), just have to see what else I can stuff in. I have two small cubes for my toiletries, I find they pack better. Was considering one of those over the door shoe organizer things that makes toiletries organizing a dream... but not sure it'll fit and it's definitely a luxury item. Wonder if I could find one in town?
    Something similar to this...Name:  Screenshot_20190109-124548.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  7.4 KB

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Something similar to this...Name:  Screenshot_20190109-124548.jpg
Views: 416
Size:  7.4 KB
    thanks!
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

My packing list :

√ Small + Medium adjustable wrench
    Putty Knife
    √ Light to medium hammer
    √ Cold water adapter for shower
    √ USB Bedside Lamp
    √ Ice cube trays
    Pots and pans
    √ Float switch
    √ Epoxy, Cups
    √ Pots
    ~ Batteries Both
    Tarps
    Stir Sticks
    Wood Clamps
    Box of rags without the box
    Work pants for floor strip
    Socks for floor strip
    Socks for water boots
    White legal pads (Both sizes)
    Ibuprophen
    Head Lamp
    Velcro
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    My packing list :

√ Small + Medium adjustable wrench
    Putty Knife
    √ Light to medium hammer
    √ Cold water adapter for shower
    √ USB Bedside Lamp
    √ Ice cube trays
    Pots and pans
    √ Float switch
    √ Epoxy, Cups
    √ Pots
    ~ Batteries Both
    Tarps
    Stir Sticks
    Wood Clamps
    Box of rags without the box
    Work pants for floor strip
    Socks for floor strip
    Socks for water boots
    White legal pads (Both sizes)
    Ibuprophen
    Head Lamp
    Velcro
    Everything makes sense to me except for the Ice cube trays...

User Info Menu

I can definitely relate to the ice cube trays since i have a fridge/freezer in my room so i don't have to rely on the resort having it for my daily adult beverages....in fact I'm bringing two new ones this trip because I wore my last two out they started to crack...I keep some metric tools as well 3 types of pliers...a 6 way screwdriver....since I rent a Honda Shadow motorcycle for my stay & take road trips...small 12 volt air compressor...tire patch kit... some 16g wire & electrical tape & a roll of Gorilla Tape...plumbing teflon tape...i use my own hand held shower head....my own blender...my own coffee maker..my own hot plate...assorted cooking utensils....5 12' extension cords....2 electric strips...couple small cans of WD 40... a couple blow up rafts for the sea or pool..a small computer type audio system that i use with my little SiriusXM satellite receiver for the room with a speaker out on the seaside Lanai..i use my own LED type light bulbs....seems the plastic hangers in the closet grow legs sometimes so i keep about a dozen or so there...set of blackout drapes i hang out on the Lanai (mounted removeable strong eye hooks in the concrete & string up a nylon rope) cuz when that sun comes around at about 2:30-3pm looking west it will get over a 100 degrees on the Lanai till sunset if I don't have them up and penetrates through those room windows..so i makes the AC work a lot less keeping the room comfortable....all this are in my 3 bins i keep there..thank goodnes.

User Info Menu

Yeah, I don't come quite as equipped (I was kidding about the ice cube trays though..lol) but I bring a tablet, bluetooth speaker (for music in the room or balcony), extension cords, multiple device chargers, my snorkel gear, blowup raft and a small compressor to blow it up, all the local business cards I've collected for the local drivers that I prefer ..

User Info Menu

Used to do ice cube trays. Now I pack a handful of gallon ziploc bags. I usually just get it filled by the hotel, or some hotel, take it back an stuff it in my little freezer. When we need ice we just take it out, drop it on the tile floor, and voila we have ice. I am also thinking this year we will probably start carting some with us as an alternative to take home doggy bags. If it's chicken with rice and peas or any food that can go together we'll start packing it up in zip-loc's. better than creating more take out garbage and we're trying to think of ways to create less garbage while we are there. Nuh Dutty Up Jamaica!!
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Irine View Post
    Used to do ice cube trays. Now I pack a handful of gallon ziploc bags. I usually just get it filled by the hotel, or some hotel, take it back an stuff it in my little freezer. When we need ice we just take it out, drop it on the tile floor, and voila we have ice. I am also thinking this year we will probably start carting some with us as an alternative to take home doggy bags. If it's chicken with rice and peas or any food that can go together we'll start packing it up in zip-loc's. better than creating more take out garbage and we're trying to think of ways to create less garbage while we are there. Nuh Dutty Up Jamaica!!
    I like your idea about ziplocking the extra food but unless my room has a microwave to rewarm (which the WS standard rooms don't) it wouldn't work for me.

User Info Menu

We bring a 9 inch electric frying pan and a 2 cup coffee maker when we go now. Frying pan works great for reheats and eggs in the morning. Although these small frying pans use less power than a hair dryer, we turn off the A/C when we use it so we won't cause any issues. Takes only a couple minutes to reheat leftovers. Nothing like shrimp fried rice for a late night snack!!! We give the maid our coffee pot and fry pan when we leave. They love the fry pans as they have some trouble getting bottles of propane to use a stove as the big ai's suck them all up when they come off the ships.

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    I like your idea about ziplocking the extra food but unless my room has a microwave to rewarm (which the WS standard rooms don't) it wouldn't work for me.
    Last edited by Irine; 01-11-2019 at 09:24 AM.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]