Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011

Thread: Getting Excited For Portland Parish!

User Info Menu

Re: Getting Excited For Portland Parish!

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Besides warning me about the travel alerts posted in US and Canada, they
    wait!!!!!!!!!!!!! you didn't finish!!!!!!!!!!

i would be annoyed about getting stuck in the bathroom, but then the lightbulb would've pushed me over the edge!

i really hope they do sail around the island- that would be a really memorable trip. i'm not a sailor at all but i have friends who are. it's a whole different lifestyle.

i'm glad that they wound up feeling it was a worthwhile trip.

next time they should stay at great huts or something similar.

User Info Menu

That was kind of dangling but really not much more to share.

I do understand about the 'little' issues that come up. We stayed at Catcha last Nov and our toilet would not fill the tank and therefore could not flush. We let the Mgr know, they came in and fixed it - worked for a day then stopped again. We just kept the ice bucket in the bathtub, filled that and used it to flush for the rest of the trip - it was only another 1.5 days and we did not want to have our last moments interrupted. We did get a breakfast at Ivan's comped for our trouble.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    That was kind of dangling but really not much more to share.

I do understand about the 'little' issues that come up. We stayed at Catcha last Nov and our toilet would not fill the tank and therefore could not flush. We let the Mgr know, they came in and fixed it - worked for a day then stopped again. We just kept the ice bucket in the bathtub, filled that and used it to flush for the rest of the trip - it was only another 1.5 days and we did not want to have our last moments interrupted. We did get a breakfast at Ivan's comped for our trouble.
    i'm glad they rolled with the punches. stuff always comes up in the caribbean, even at the best run hotel.

last time i was in port au prince, we stayed at this historic hotel called the hotel oloffson and the owner's sweet but untrained dog grabbed my brand new pool bed float out of my arms and chewed it to shreds. they were stressed out, because they did not want to have a dog on property who would freak guests out, and were afraid i'd feel like the dog attacked me. i told them i actually found it pretty funny so they were lucky it was me and not another type of guest. i got the float on sale for $7 so i told them all i wanted as compensation was a run punch, which i got.

(i had a really funny video of him attacking it and i can't find it.)
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 03-15-2019 at 11:00 AM.