Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Excited For Portland Parish!

User Info Menu

Re: Getting Excited For Portland Parish!

Quote Originally Posted by agregory View Post
    Our Negril driver drives for Whistling Bird and got a deal for us there I love the looks of the place! It should be perfect for us!

We stayed in High Cove last year for a few nights too, in the Sea Bird cottage! Loved it there! We'll miss the cliffs this year

I like that your son is a cliff person. We like to start our trip with the Negril beach, where it's a little more crazy and loud, and then relax for a few days before we have to go back to our cold home. We always miss the cliffs if we don't make it there for a few nights.

I really wanted to surf at Boston Beach for the first time. But we were there on a holiday so there were tons of people there with there families and I didn't want to be the spectacle lol. Our experience there was awesome though! We loved seeing all the Jamaican families, from grandparents to babies, spending their day together at da beach And of course there were 80 speakers set up with non-stop music to enjoy too. You'll love that beach! I hope your son decides to try surfing!
    you're like my sister and her husband! they love split stays- catcha/nirvana seems to be their sweet spot. they did 5 days at nirvana and 3 days at catcha 6 months ago and realized they didn't have enough time on the cliffs, so they're there right now, doing 7 days strictly at catcha.

now i really hope you do a trip report- i want to hear all about whistling bird (i think i'd love it) and coral cottage.

... and don't mind me- i'mma keep spamming this forum until my trip!!!!

User Info Menu

mwenvlay, While in Portland you might consider a trip up into the mountains on the B1 road. It starts in Buff Bay and goes over Hardware Gap and down to Kingston. It is a beautiful and spectacular journey and well worth the trip.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    mwenvlay, While in Portland you might consider a trip up into the mountains on the B1 road. It starts in Buff Bay and goes over Hardware Gap and down to Kingston. It is a beautiful and spectacular journey and well worth the trip.
    yep, this is the route we'll take driving from strawberry hill to boston bay!

Name:  ja.jpg
Views: 1409
Size:  20.3 KB

so, same route you describe, but the opposite way.

i'm going to ask for warren to take us the coastal route back to kingston, so my husband and son can get a gander at morant bay, etc. i also want to stop at cane river falls!

User Info Menu

this is the kind of food i love.

we cook like this at home a lot (more so when we were living full-time in port au prince, but we do okay in brooklyn) and i'm hoping to stumble across some good ital while i'm out and about somewhere between hollywell park and boston bay.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 01-17-2019 at 09:08 PM.

User Info Menu

and herbs! i always try to learn a little bit more every time i'm in ja and haiti.

i'm a'ight as an herbalist, but my husband is really, really good.

User Info Menu

mwenvlay, on your trip from Strawberry Hill to Port Antonio ask your driver to stop at Holywell Park. It is located at the very top of Hardware Gap right before you head down the mountain. It is a botanical garden and is a nice place to stop on the ride. You will love the ride. It will be one of the favorite things you have done in Jamaica!!

User Info Menu

mwenvlay, on your trip from Strawberry Hill to Port Antonio ask your driver to stop at Holywell Park. It is located at the very top of Hardware Gap right before you head down the mountain. It is a botanical garden and is a nice place to stop on the ride. You will love the ride. It will be one of the favorite things you have done in Jamaica!!

http://things-to-do-in-jamaica.com/h...tains-jamaica/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post

http://things-to-do-in-jamaica.com/h...tains-jamaica/

definitely!

this is the first time i've ever taken this particular ride (kingston to port antonio area) utilizing a private car.

i'm so excited!!!!!

User Info Menu

as i mentioned earlier in this thread, we're staying at great huts.

we booked the fig tree house, which is attached to the royal lounge. apparently, when they shut that area down for the night, we have sole access to it which sounds cool in theory, but we'll see how that actually pans out- i don't think any of the rooms have locks on them, so i'm not sure how they secure the lounge area after hours. i guess we'll find out.

start at 2:10 to see a tour of the lounge and fig tree house.

it has a queen bed on the upper floor (for me n husband) and a rough-hewn bunk bed on the lower floor (for our ti boss son). it also has a nice porch area on the top floor and a crazy, canoe shaped bathtub on the bottom floor, both directly overlooking boston bay.

should be interesting!

User Info Menu

this video shows the cliff pool.

Last edited by mwenvlay; 01-19-2019 at 12:17 AM.