Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Getting Excited For Portland Parish!

User Info Menu

Re: Getting Excited For Portland Parish!

i am SO EXCITED for escovitch fish.

my son likes to fish when we're in ja. i wonder if he'll get a chance to do so this trip.

Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-06-2019 at 11:40 AM.

User Info Menu

Your trip sounds wonderful! My husband and I have been thinking of flying into Kingston, heading to Strawberry Hill and then to Port Antonio to see a different area of the island (we used to go to Negril, now we go to Treasure Beach). I don't want to rent a car so I guess we would have Strawberry Hill pick us up in Kingston and then figure out how to get to Port Antonio. Once there are taxis pretty easy to find to get around?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rumghoul View Post
    Your trip sounds wonderful! My husband and I have been thinking of flying into Kingston, heading to Strawberry Hill and then to Port Antonio to see a different area of the island (we used to go to Negril, now we go to Treasure Beach). I don't want to rent a car so I guess we would have Strawberry Hill pick us up in Kingston and then figure out how to get to Port Antonio. Once there are taxis pretty easy to find to get around?
    ooh, i think you guys will love that trip, and i highly recommend having strawberry hill collect you from the airport, since their drivers know the roads so well. they picked us up in a range rover, which is comforting compared to driving in a regular taxi car. from strawberry hill to port antonio, i'd recommend contacting one of the local portland parish drivers that folks here recommend (we've engaged warren mckenzie based on info i received on tripadvisor from folks who also post here). and yeah, once you hit port antonio taxis are easy to find. i figure we'll be taking route taxis from great huts to winnifred beach and port antonio town and asking warren to drive us one day to moore town and rio grande or swift river.

have you been to strawberry hill? i loved it when i was there for my honeymoon. the hotel is a great combo of laid back and elegant, the air smells so good and the views are incredible. my husband kept thinking he was in haiti (irish town looks exactly like furcy, a mountain town directly north of port au prince). i'm really excited to hear what he thinks of port antonio. he got tired of people in negril (locals) asking him if he was a drug dealer. i'm pretty sure porty people will have more chill.

User Info Menu

ti boss son's had it in negril...

patties in bk have gotten sooooooo weak!!! can't wait to get decent patties.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

i'd love to spend some time exploring the portland bight and goat islands.

it definitely won't happen this trip, but i'm adding it to my list.

User Info Menu

it's going to be odd not having a kitchen on this trip. i think last time i didn't have access to one in jamaica was on my honeymoon. cooking is one of my favorite things to do when i'm there.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

heroes circle crabs.

User Info Menu

hiking!