Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Getting Excited For Portland Parish!

User Info Menu

Re: Getting Excited For Portland Parish!

another video of the route i am not looking forward to taking...

User Info Menu

i want my son to know this...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Not too much further up that road there is EITS cafe at Mount Edge. Looks pretty good..I was thinking about going up one day.

Is Prince Valley guest house still around, I wonder...?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohliz View Post
    Not too much further up that road there is EITS cafe at Mount Edge. Looks pretty good..I was thinking about going up one day.

Is Prince Valley guest house still around, I wonder...?
    yeah, i'd really like to check out EITS. trying to figure out if we're going to be cool spending 3 days without any excursions other than hiking around ourselves or if we're going to want to engage someone to drive us around for the day. the 4 days we spent at strawberry hill in 2012 went by like a blur, and we never left the property except to walk down to cafe blue twice a day, but we were on our honeymoon. it's probably going to be different this time around, since our son will be with us.

i checked tripadvisor and the latest review for Prince Valley guest house is dated 8/18, so it seems as if it is. have you ever stayed there? i've only stayed at starlight chalet (which is, like, 8,000 feet up in the mountains and super secluded) and strawberry hill. i really love the mountains as much as i love the beach, honestly. my sister and her husband keep bingeing out and doing negril 2x a year and i keep telling her they're missing out by not checking out strawberry hill and/or port antonio.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-04-2019 at 11:05 AM.

User Info Menu

looks fun, but not particularly safe.

User Info Menu

conch soup!

User Info Menu

I haven't stayed up there but have gone up a couple of times to hike or sightsee. I'll be in the area soon so might try to spend a night or two. Your trip sounds wonderful!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ohliz View Post
    I haven't stayed up there but have gone up a couple of times to hike or sightsee. I'll be in the area soon so might try to spend a night or two. Your trip sounds wonderful!
    thank you i swear, this will be the first time i'm visiting porty that i will actually do a lot of exploring and will actually remember where i went and what i did- all of my other visits were a super short blur.

i'll make sure to post anything that i enjoy about the strawberry hill leg of the trip.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-06-2019 at 09:48 AM.

User Info Menu

this video makes great huts look incredibly beautiful.

i really hope it doesn't rain nonstop every day we're there. but we'll deal if it does.