Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Soon Come

User Info Menu

Cool Soon Come

Big ups!
    Getting ready to depart from yyz -> mbj... and thinking about our 'routine' when we come back to the rock;

1. get there
    2. get my rental car
    3. jerky's
    4. cruize to negril
    5. pickup bud
    6. https://youtu.be/0tTuDl8HlZs
    7. repeat

What's your regular routine?

Blessings!

User Info Menu

Re: Soon Come

Arrive and walk outside with luggage looking for my Driver.
    Stop at a Cambio in MoBay to change money.
    Hit the road to Negril.
    Maybe stop for food on the way, definitely a beer.
    Check in at Hotel
    Pickup Bud in Orange Hill.

User Info Menu

Get our butts off the plane & get to the Imagination area ASAP hoping for minimal lines or none at all...put on a HAPPY FACE for the the agent...get to our luggage to scramble over to the GREEN LINE (nothing to declare) keep that HAPPY FACE on & finally get out into the FREE WORLD..,go to the AirLink Express kiosk to hookup with them to make the long walk back into & all the way to the other side (far left) of the departure terminal to have our luggage weighed (small Cessna so don't want to be too heavy)...go though a small security check system (and I mean small) then out to the tarmac for the 12 min. flight to Negril Aerodrome...my buddy picks us up there & head to JAH B's on the Beach road to pickup Honda Shadow motorcycle...then off to the West End to check in...generally by 3:30pm...finally back home..flop the luggage down & head to the bar to chill ...MISSION ACCOMPLISHED once again.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Markospoon View Post
    Arrive and walk outside with luggage looking for my Driver.
    Stop at a Cambio in MoBay to change money.
    Hit the road to Negril.
    Maybe stop for food on the way, definitely a beer.
    Check in at Hotel
    Pickup Bud in Orange Hill.
    Don't you get a better rate on money change from the streets? I checked rates at cambio in airport mbj but laughed at the rate they offered, never thought to check the Cambio in town.

User Info Menu

I always go home with about $4000. to $5000. J so i don't have to deal with getting some right away..i generally change $ at the FX Trader at Sunshine Village...use to do it at Banmark on the West End it was just a couple minutes from my place...but moved to the road to Sav. robbed too many times so i heard.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocmon View Post
    Don't you get a better rate on money change from the streets? I checked rates at cambio in airport mbj but laughed at the rate they offered, never thought to check the Cambio in town.
    You should check with your bank. I have an Ally bank account (it's on online bank) and they only charge a 1% foreign transaction fee so when I use my debit card at a Scotia bank, I'll get a $123JM/$1US when the international rate is $125JM/$1US.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rocmon View Post
    Never...do you get a better rate on the street.
    Never...does the airport cambio have decent rates.
    Do...check the rates at the cambios around town...often times they're better than the bank rates.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rooster View Post
    I always go home with about $4000. to $5000. J so i don't have to deal with getting some right away..i generally change $ at the FX Trader at Sunshine Village...use to do it at Banmark on the West End it was just a couple minutes from my place...but moved to the road to Sav. robbed too many times so i heard.
    Banmark moved because they needed more space for their car sales, the new location is much more suitable for their needs. As a friend of his, I know it was a great business move, his Cambio, MoneyGram, rental and sales have all picked up.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Ya they have a much bigger piece of property..always a pleasure to do business with them..although when they were in the West End we could see each other & they knew me by my first name every year...no more visual contact anymore...wished they would go back to renting motorcycles.

User Info Menu

Grab luggage
    Reach my driver
    Ride to Negril with drinks etc..
    Reach hotel check in if available if not, hit the bar until it's ready
    Get keys to my room
    Once in my room play my music, drink and lightup
    Unpack
    Change clothes
    Take a nap
    Lata - I'm up and at em!
    cool-new:
    Last edited by IRIEchic; 01-30-2019 at 03:11 PM.