Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Ganja suggestions

User Info Menu

Ganja suggestions

If anyone has any recommendations on who to contact / where to go specifically for good quality ganja, please feel free to PM me if you're not comfortable sharing in public.

I haven't been in nearly 3 years, so not sure of the scene now. My driver always got me decent stuff... and now and then I'd find some on my own that's pretty decent... but would like to find something more reliable.

Are there actual strain choices now? Hash? Other concentrates? I have heard about what's going on at Banana Shout, but I also hear it's kind of pricey. Sure, I pay 10-20 euros a gram in Amsterdam, and have done similar in places like Las Vegas and Canada, but not sure I can stomach paying that in Negril, not when I'm used to getting $50 worth, it's a huge bag, enough to last a heavy smoker for a week or more, and even at that price I know I'm not actually getting a "locals" deal.

I have been told "go to Orange Hill" but that doesn't actually mean anything to me. Where is that? How to get there? Who/what to look for? Specifics would be great.

Cannabis tourism is huge - wondering when Jamaica is really going to go after a piece of those tourist dollars.

User Info Menu

Re: Ganja suggestions

Never had to look for the ganj in all my times there, it always seemed to find me. An amazing thing about ganja in Negril, or all of Jamaica I've found, is that everyone claims to have the best, so why look anywhere else? I usually make friends with a staff member wherever I'm staying, tell them what I want, and always get good herb. Just be smart about it, check it out before you buy and don't over pay. $20 - $30 US will get you enough high grade to smoke for a few weeks.

User Info Menu

I'm not talking about the ganj that "everyone" has. I know how to ask someone at the hotel...

I'm talking about higher quality than that, similar to what can be found in areas were cannabis is legal for recreational use. Amsterdam. California. Canada. That sort of thing.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Although decriminalized, ganja is not yet widely available in Jamaica legally.

Medical and Sacramental shops are currently the only legal ganja options.

There is a legal place for buds in Negril. Milo has set up a Rastafari sacramental shop on the cliffs, the Lion's Lair at Banana Shout.

Name:  50630011_10214805694350092_2921134423401299968_o.jpg
Views: 1723
Size:  284.2 KB

Pretty much everything else you may run across in Negril is still illegal. At this point is probably best not to mention anybody's names...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Found decent black hash on the beach along with some decent herb,pretty much stopped fighting it and just added hash to all my joints,

User Info Menu

The CanJam Wake N Bake Café just down the road from Banana Shout has good edibles, and their milkshakes are great. You can get a spliff rolled there as well. I don't know what the quality is like, because I am a neophyte when it comes to this stuff, but we enjoyed it.