Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feb 1 to 8th

User Info Menu

Re: Feb 1 to 8th

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Gee wizz, Lisa had to ask me about this even though she went to school in the States...

I am American and don't have a clue what the "Teachers Break" holiday is... Never heard of it...

Teachers Apprection week yes, Teachers Break no...

And it has always seemed to me that Canadians are much more well versed on our holidays than Americans are of theirs.

See you soon man!
    LOL.. sorry for all the confusion... it's just the first winter break of the year for most school districts in the US. Yeah, it's probably only just been going on the last 15-20 years (so I'm sure Lisa missed just by a 'year or so' during her time at school in the US... LOL). Even when I was a kid we only got off one long break at Easter time but they've since split it into 2 one week breaks.

User Info Menu

The 1st winter break I can think of would usually be around Easter.

User Info Menu

Some schools do a February break, or a March break, or an April break, or any combination of those. It depends on the SAU's calendar and teachers' contracts.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion