Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feb 1 to 8th

User Info Menu

Feb 1 to 8th

Any big shows?is it very crowded then on the streets?

User Info Menu

Re: Feb 1 to 8th

Quote Originally Posted by Fun in the sun View Post
    https://negril.com/forum/calendar.ph...eek=1549152000
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Fun in the sun View Post
    Typically, the worst crowds are during the teacher's break... the 18th-22nd this year...

User Info Menu

I've never heard of (or seen) a Teacher's break down here...but one of the busiest times of the year in Negril is during Bob Marley's Birthday (Feb. 6) week...before and after.
    The streets aren't necessarily crowded/packed but there's parties everywhere and all the parties/shows will be busy.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    I've never heard of (or seen) a Teacher's break down here...but one of the busiest times of the year in Negril is during Bob Marley's Birthday (Feb. 6) week...before and after.
    The streets aren't necessarily crowded/packed but there's parties everywhere and all the parties/shows will be busy.
    Ah, to be blissfully Canadian... lol. Walk the beach that week (which sometimes resembles a Manhatten sidewalk) and try and get a flight out of the USA that's not double normal costs that week and you'd notice it then (plus there's more US rugrats around as well). But just an observation....
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 01-28-2019 at 09:33 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Ah, to be blissfully Canadian... lol. Walk the beach that week (which sometimes resembles a Manhatten sidewalk) and try and get a flight out of the USA that's not double normal costs that week and you'd notice it then (plus there's more US rugrats around as well). But just an observation....
    Ukran1ans....I'm not sure what being Canadian has to do with it...eh?
    Canadian Universities are on a break around the time you've mentioned...but it's definitely not like the very long ago Spring Break days.

In the years I've been living here (yes, I'm pulling that card )...February is without a doubt the busiest month with the beach being extra busy but not the street.
    Now, the beginning of August has the most active week of the year and the street gets crazy packed in Negril!

User Info Menu

Canadian Universities are on a break around the time you've mentioned...but it's definitely not like the very long ago Spring Break days.

In the years I've been living here (yes, I'm pulling that card )...February is without a doubt the busiest month with the beach being extra busy but not the street.
    Now, the beginning of August has the most active week of the year and the street gets crazy packed in Negril!
    very long ago Spring Break days were the best, circa 1995. Never seen anything like it since.

User Info Menu

The Canadian reference was just about the different holidays and events that our 2 countries don't share. In the US, the 'Teachers Break', is the 2nd most expensive week to travel to the caribbean after Xmas week and usually happens 2nd or 3rd week of Feb around our Presidents day holiday. I'm sure alot of Canadians aren't aware of that (just like must in the US don't know about the Canadian thanksgiving or boxing day).

ANd yes, I have no reference to the glory days there of spring break when it must have been busier since I've only been coming to Negril since 2011.
    Last edited by ukran1ans; 01-28-2019 at 11:47 AM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    The Canadian reference was just about the different holidays and events that our 2 countries don't share. In the US, the 'Teachers Break', is the 2nd most expensive week to travel to the caribbean after Xmas week and usually happens 2nd or 3rd week of Feb around our Presidents day holiday. I'm sure alot of Canadians aren't aware of that (just like must in the US don't know about the Canadian thanksgiving or boxing day).
    Gee wizz, Lisa had to ask me about this even though she went to school in the States...

I am American and don't have a clue what the "Teachers Break" holiday is... Never heard of it...

Teachers Apprection week yes, Teachers Break no...

And it has always seemed to me that Canadians are much more well versed on our holidays than Americans are of theirs.

See you soon man!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I can’t really find any listings of much special going on.