Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where to stay?

User Info Menu

Where to stay?

We're spoiled having spent about 15 trips at Seasplash, with huge space and small price. Since we spent more on F&B than our hotel room, they were always kind with the room price. But now no one knows us there, and price is more than we want to pay.

Where can we go with pretty gardens and island vibe, decent amenities, kitchen space (that is hard I know) and on beach from mid-section on up? If I thought I could find a good deal at Swept Away I would almost spend more and know everything was included. Not out style normally, but it is very nice, and maybe that's needed this year.

Decisions, decisions. Potential trip would be very late March into April for 10-14 days. Thoughts?
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Re: Where to stay?

If you want beautiful gardens and grounds and a boutique feel at an all inclusive I would recommend the Grand Pineapple. You can get a lot of bang for your buck there, and we have stayed beach side and garden side and loved the view from our second floor garden side room! Buffet style, food is very good, and still priced that you would go out for a few meals if you wanted! Crystal Waters is up around that way, or Tree House May have rooms with kitchenettes? Hope this helps a little...
    “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.”
    ― Bob Marley

User Info Menu

White Sands has nice grounds/pool and kitchenettes on the garden side.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Look at Beach House Condos. My husband and I stayed in a studio there last year and it was perfect! They also have larger condos too. I booked through Airbnb. Treehouse is another option and Firefly.

User Info Menu

Thank you. I looked last night at Beach House Condos, and though it looks perfect for us, it is too far south on the beach. White Sands is out because I don't want to cross the street (there are several properties that have the feel we like but are across the road. I don't even like going to to the roadside, much less crossing it. It's amazing how spoiled I've gotten, am a little embarrassed, but with the price of a nice long vacation, I guess being picky is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by agregory View Post
    Look at Beach House Condos. My husband and I stayed in a studio there last year and it was perfect! They also have larger condos too. I booked through Airbnb. Treehouse is another option and Firefly.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by hey_mon View Post
    If you want beautiful gardens and grounds and a boutique feel at an all inclusive I would recommend the Grand Pineapple. You can get a lot of bang for your buck there, and we have stayed beach side and garden side and loved the view from our second floor garden side room! Buffet style, food is very good, and still priced that you would go out for a few meals if you wanted! Crystal Waters is up around that way, or Tree House May have rooms with kitchenettes? Hope this helps a little...
    Agree with the Crystal Waters suggestion. Family owned for decades by a GREAT hotel operator, 10 villas on the beach, extremely clean and safe, a housekeeper in each unit making made from scratch meals for breakfast and dinner, like staying in a Jamaican home. Maybe it's a little pricey, but the food cost is much cheaper than eating out, makes the total value excellent. A perfect location, a very deep beach, no restaurant or bar, but Tree House is two doors up the beach if you need a place to have a nightcap. The problem will be, can you get in, always full during peak seasons, but it would be worth a try to contact them. You wont be disappointed.

User Info Menu

Hello Mrs. Wilson, hope all is well, we stayed at Sea Splash w/you and your family a few years back along w/Jim & Linda
    . That place was great, we still stop in for a bevy while on the island. Have you checked out Coco La Palm? Great amenities and the beach location is perfect. You can run a tab for drinks and food, just like Sea Splash and all rooms have a fridge and sink. Nirvana is a nice resort as well, great beach w/sun and shade, full kitchens and also a meal made daily. No restaurant or bar, but next to White Sands and close enough to it all. Great staff, only bummer for us was no patio. We have a babe now, so enjoy the pool extra's that Coco offer. Good luck and hope the East Coast is treating you well, hopefully one day we will be able to catch up. Much love from MN, Heather & Rogers.

User Info Menu

Mrs Wilson I agree with Tenn DD on Crystal Waters!! Beautiful place, safe, well kept awesome beach centrally located. As DD said the breakfast and dinner made to order makes it very easy all the way around. Best kept secret in Negril!!

User Info Menu

Also try Firefly, they have nice rooms with kitchens. They do have ground floor rooms but if you don't mind stairs the Penthouse Suites have spectacular ocean views. Also depending on the dates if you write them they will work with you on rates

User Info Menu

Hey Heather! I remember you well. At that time you were planning a destination wedding. Did that happen? Well something happened as you have a little one now. Congratulations! Regarding CCLP, I've looked at it a million times. But like many other great properties, I find we need more space and kitchen facilities in order to stay longer than a week and not feel penned in. I hope we see you again - I love meeting up with Negril pals, it makes the trips even more special.