Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where to stay?

User Info Menu

Re: Where to stay?

Quote Originally Posted by Prism View Post
    Also try Firefly, they have nice rooms with kitchens. They do have ground floor rooms but if you don't mind stairs the Penthouse Suites have spectacular ocean views. Also depending on the dates if you write them they will work with you on rates
    Firefly suites are beautiful, but pricey. And small beds (ok I'm sounding picky now, but we're not small )))
    [http://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

I wrote and asked for availability of a 1 BR deluxe or superior room. On their website, the photos for either are identical, so I'm not sure the difference. But I loved loved the look of it. I'm a sucker for dark wood and pretty fabrics. And the patio areas seem large and comfortable. No we'll see if they have space.

Still thinking about Skylark too. I believe I wrote them earlier today.

Question - what can I expect to pay for food/day or /week? We like good food and heavy on the meat. So we would want oxtails, and fish, and goat, bacon or sausage with breakfast, etc. And do we have to do the shopping (you see a theme, I don't leave the beach. ever. pretty much ever except for a dinner or two on cliffs etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenn DD View Post
    Agree with the Crystal Waters suggestion. Family owned for decades by a GREAT hotel operator, 10 villas on the beach, extremely clean and safe, a housekeeper in each unit making made from scratch meals for breakfast and dinner, like staying in a Jamaican home. Maybe it's a little pricey, but the food cost is much cheaper than eating out, makes the total value excellent. A perfect location, a very deep beach, no restaurant or bar, but Tree House is two doors up the beach if you need a place to have a nightcap. The problem will be, can you get in, always full during peak seasons, but it would be worth a try to contact them. You wont be disappointed.

User Info Menu

Rondel Village has rooms with kitchens. Not sure how the price compares to what you want.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs Wilson View Post
    I wrote and asked for availability of a 1 BR deluxe or superior room. On their website, the photos for either are identical, so I'm not sure the difference. But I loved loved the look of it. I'm a sucker for dark wood and pretty fabrics. And the patio areas seem large and comfortable. No we'll see if they have space.

Still thinking about Skylark too. I believe I wrote them earlier today.

Question - what can I expect to pay for food/day or /week? We like good food and heavy on the meat. So we would want oxtails, and fish, and goat, bacon or sausage with breakfast, etc. And do we have to do the shopping (you see a theme, I don't leave the beach. ever. pretty much ever except for a dinner or two on cliffs etc.)
    Diff between deluxe and Superior villas, one is just a little roomier, I think the bedroom has a king and a twin bed. Standard meals are---breakfast, eggs, bacon, fruit and French toast, maybe pancakes.

The first day you arrive "Welcome Chicken" will be ready for your first evening meal. After that, you can pick your meals, with snapper, shrimp, lobster, and chicken as standard. Jerk chicken can be grilled by the guard if requested. Standard foods are deliverd from the farmer that brings vegies and standard foods. Oxtails, etc. can be arranged if the housekeeper has a good recipe, the housekeepers are all great made from scratch cooks, and can help you find items from the store, either you can go, or they may offer to go.

We stop and get beer, etc. and snacks at Mega Mart, but all main meals are taken care of for you.

I think we (two people) spent on average $40-45 total per day for the 14 days we were there for breakfast and dinner. Much cheaper than eating out, and the meals are awesome, like being in a Jamaican home.

User Info Menu

This part (food) I love Sounds like good savings for sure. Of course, I have to figure in liquor, but again, cheaper by far than drinking at bar. Thank you! We are emailing now, maybe it will work out. I will update )

Quote Originally Posted by Tenn DD View Post
    Diff between deluxe and Superior villas, one is just a little roomier, I think the bedroom has a king and a twin bed. Standard meals are---breakfast, eggs, bacon, fruit and French toast, maybe pancakes.

The first day you arrive "Welcome Chicken" will be ready for your first evening meal. After that, you can pick your meals, with snapper, shrimp, lobster, and chicken as standard. Jerk chicken can be grilled by the guard if requested. Standard foods are deliverd from the farmer that brings vegies and standard foods. Oxtails, etc. can be arranged if the housekeeper has a good recipe, the housekeepers are all great made from scratch cooks, and can help you find items from the store, either you can go, or they may offer to go.

We stop and get beer, etc. and snacks at Mega Mart, but all main meals are taken care of for you.

I think we (two people) spent on average $40-45 total per day for the 14 days we were there for breakfast and dinner. Much cheaper than eating out, and the meals are awesome, like being in a Jamaican home.

User Info Menu

Mrs. Wilson, I would also recommend CocoLaPalm. Been to Negril many times over 25 years and have stayed many places, but we always go back to CCLP. Kitchen facilities might not be optimal -- we usually have a microwave and frig -- but you can't beat the great location, the wide beach, the staff, and the banana bread we get served for breakfast every morning.

User Info Menu

Was Grand Pineapple Poinsianna (something like that) back in 1996? We got married that year and a few friends stayed there. I think it must have been the same, because there isn't another last property if I'm correct, in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by hey_mon View Post
    If you want beautiful gardens and grounds and a boutique feel at an all inclusive I would recommend the Grand Pineapple. You can get a lot of bang for your buck there, and we have stayed beach side and garden side and loved the view from our second floor garden side room! Buffet style, food is very good, and still priced that you would go out for a few meals if you wanted! Crystal Waters is up around that way, or Tree House May have rooms with kitchenettes? Hope this helps a little...

Administrator

User Info Menu

Grand Pineapple was Negril Gardens...

Poinciana became Beaches which became the Azul Sensatori...
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!