Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: The Caves lower bar .... how to get in without staying there?

User Info Menu

The Caves lower bar .... how to get in without staying there?

Is there a way to have a drink at the lower cave bar at The Caves resort? I know the upper bar - The Sands - is open to the public on Wednesdays and Saturday evenings.

User Info Menu

Re: The Caves lower bar .... how to get in without staying there?

In the 10 years we've been going there I have never seen the cave bar set up. We snorkel there and by lunch and some drinks and they let us go down there, but the bar has never been set up. Would love to see it if someone knows when they set it up.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Even if the bar is not set up we would like to view the caves. Thanks Irine for the info.

Administrator

User Info Menu

The Caves doesn't allow non-guests to wander the property. You may be able to arrange a tour of the property, but you would need to set that up in advance with The Caves front desk.

The only public part of the property is The Sands bar.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Is it Xtabi that has a bar cut into the cliff at water level? If so, that one doesn't look like it is set up often either. I remember being shocked that there was a teeny little sandy area where you can walk right into the sea.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Odinson View Post
    Is it Xtabi that has a bar cut into the cliff at water level? If so, that one doesn't look like it is set up often either. I remember being shocked that there was a teeny little sandy area where you can walk right into the sea.
    That is Xtabi Resort!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

We have stayed at Xtabi for the last several years and have never see the lower bar set up.

The smal sandy area that a poster above mentioned is down the steps into the cave by the bathrooms. 2 caves at Xtabi to explore.
    '01 Perseverance Resort. '03 Perseverance Resort/ Ben Harver House. '12 Samsara.'13 Samsara.'14 Samsara.'15/'16 Xtabi.'17 Xtabi.'18 Xtabi.'19Xtabi