Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: MBJ Updates

User Info Menu

MBJ Updates

Hello All,

Any major changes or additions at the airport over the past year?

User Info Menu

Re: MBJ Updates

Was the duty free liquor shop much larger last time?

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Yes, significantly so.

User Info Menu

According to the Jamaican Gleaner...they've added 20 more kiosks for a quicker immigration process.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    Was the duty free liquor shop much larger last time?

Cap
    Is this liquor store in the area after customs where the AI's have their waiting rooms? Who has the better selection; duty free at MBJ or Mega-Mart? Specifically Scotch.

User Info Menu

This is right after immigration next to high priced money exchange. Can't say if Mega Mart is cheaper. We bought two bottles of Stoli for 32 US at the airport

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    According to the Jamaican Gleaner...they've added 20 more kiosks for a quicker immigration process.
    Last week the immigration process was faster than it has ever been. Out of the airport in a few minutes.

User Info Menu

Yeah, the last couple of trips, using the new Kiosks has made it faster. The only thing I miss is that they don't stamp the passport anymore...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by ukran1ans View Post
    Yeah, the last couple of trips, using the new Kiosks has made it faster. The only thing I miss is that they don't stamp the passport anymore...
    We had not been through MoBay for a year so the kiosks were new to us. I found it very odd that they did not stamp our passports. I have been stopped at traffic checkpoints in other countries and the police always check the stamps on our passports to verify that we had not overstayed our visas.