Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone with info on Miss Jenny's???

User Info Menu

Anyone with info on Miss Jenny's???

Just wondering if anyone knows if Miss Jenny's will be open in mid December. Last summer it was closed for renovations yet I heard that after opening..it closed up again. Rumor has it that Jocko will be back cooking. If anyone has a clue...would love to know. I love the place and it is so hard to be there without several of my favorite Jamaican breakfasts. Praying it will be re-opened. It is one of the"old school classics" that gives the West End Road that special character that we all love!

User Info Menu

She was still closed last week.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your response! Hopefully, they will re-open. I can't imagine my time on the cliffs without it. Such a wonderful place for good yardie food at a reasonable price with such character. Gonna keep mi fingers crossed!!

User Info Menu

boy I hope they open up this winter too.......what a classic place.........
    best prices for meals too.........and don't forget that "Special Cake".......lol

Cool Runnings, Marko
    Americana Ocho Rios 82~HedoII 84,91~T-Water 85~Wexford Court Mobay 85~Miss Mary’s 86,87~Barry’s 88~Seawinds Mobay 89~LTU 91~Charela Inn 92~Negril Inn 92~SamSara 93,94~Ocean Edge 95,96~Singles 95,96~Thrills 95~Hilltop 96,99~Pee Wees 97~Kool Browns/Bentley's 97~Cottage 99-03~Roots Bamboo 03~Merrill’s I&II 04,05~Corals Seas Cliffs & Beach 06~Catcha Falling Star 07~Blue Cave Castle 08~SeaStar 10,12~(4x)Bourbon Beach 12~T&J Cottages on Ella Dr 12-18~PeWee Cottages 18~Lynch Cottages 19,20

User Info Menu

When I was there in august it had just closed, it was rented out and did not work out, at that time it was up in the air to reopen or try to rent again.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

years back there were tables set up out front, and they were there for a looong time, THEN the speeds took off on W End Rd, and it wasn't long somebody ran into some people sittin outside, and that was the end of that, here is the place back in the mid 80's, you can see all the room in front outside back then...........Always Good Food many Taxi Mon eat there
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning

User Info Menu

What an awesome picture!! I only wish that I had seen it then. My first trip was in the early 90's but I still would have loved to have experienced Negril in the early days. Thanks Rambo! Hopefully, in December....I might get my Christmas wish and nyam at Miss Jenny's again. Along with one of the best and cheapest breakfasts around....absolutely loved their lobster salad! It was superb! Served with fries yet I always asked if I could substitute fries for callaloo and of course, "no problem"

Large pieces of lobster, scallion with a light ?mayo....put that with the callaloo with a bit of hot pepper...OMG, food of the Gods indeed!! On top of that...the price was really great.

User Info Menu

Check with Jenny's daughter Dawn about any reopening. Dawn is next door at the D&J Country Western Bar

User Info Menu

I will be at C&D next week try to get the scoop.
    Trip #59 most of February

User Info Menu

Thanks Poolguywindsor!! Looking forward to your response. So hoping they will be open by mid December. Got mi fingers crossed!