Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jet skis

User Info Menu

Re: Jet skis

My wife and I enjoy riding jet skis. We do not act like idiots. Are we supposed to?

User Info Menu

God's grace is the only thing that kept me from killing someone or getting killed with a jet ski in Negril. We used to swim out to the sandbars beyond the old red and white buoys with boats and jetskis buzzing past. The next day we'd be on jetskis buzzing past swimmers that you hoped you could see.

User Info Menu

These boats come out of the Royalton. I was told that there is a lead boat and a follower boat and the guests are told not to create their own path. I have never seen then close to the Long Bay shore line.

User Info Menu

I have seen them too close. We saw them go between Alfreds floating dock and the swim area as they were heading back to Bloody Bay!! Somewhat unrelated but too many people are spending time far outside the swim areas. It’s an accident just waiting to happen.

User Info Menu

Boats, jet skis, motorcycles....combine inexperience of operation and lack of common sense..bad things happen. If you don't own one or use one on a regular basis, probably a good idea to not rent one on vacation..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    Boats, jet skis, motorcycles....combine inexperience of operation and lack of common sense..bad things happen. If you don't own one or use one on a regular basis, probably a good idea to not rent one on vacation..
    Throw in alcohol and ganja and it gets real messy. I’ve riden motorcycles all my life. I used to rent them In the 80’s - 90’s in Negril. Then I smartened up, thankfully before anyone was hurt.

User Info Menu

While we didn't see any jet skis in Negril. Although, surprisingly, we saw some when we were in Mobay last week. Particularly surprised as there isa protected marine park there, so we were surprised to see a couple of jet skis. They weren't crazy driving (like the yahoos in Negril could be) but they were there nonetheless, tooling about the area of Dr.'s Cave Beach. Curious. I thought there was an island-wide ban on them?
    Last edited by M&G Montreal; 03-06-2019 at 08:51 PM. Reason: Corrected typos and grammatical bo-boos!

Administrator

User Info Menu

The island wide ban ended a couple years ago. The new jetski regulations have made it more expensive to operate. The profit margins were so small, most operations decided to remain closed.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!