Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

day 3 poolside activities centered around eating (all 3 of us), napping (husband), swimming (ti boss) and yahtzee (me n ti boss).

husband and i took a walk around the property in the afternoon.

we had dinner at the restaurant around 9pm.

went to sleep around 11.

nice day.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-23-2019 at 08:34 PM.

User Info Menu

day 4, and off to boston bay- eventually.

woke up a little after 6:30am.

started packing while the kid slept and husband watched austin powers for the 3rd time.

breakfast at 9am.

came back to the cottage, finished packing, stopped off at gift shop/spa. i had $ for our housekeeper, who'd told me she'd be at the spa. we ran into her right away. ti boss got a free 15 minute massage at the spa and i got a cute bob marley vintage style t-shirt (50% off!). back to the room.

warren, who's supposed to be here at 12pm, whatsapped me and told me he's running late. so we should be out of here at around 1pm, as opposed to 12 noon.

so now we're packed and chilling, waiting for our 12pm check-out.

luggage ready, aside from ti papa's big suitcase

i guess once we're checked out we'll hang by the bar until warren shows up.

our housekeeper gave me the scoop on david, the man who took us on a hike when we were here for our honeymoon. he no longer works at strawberry hill, but has a small shop in red light, which we'll pass on our way to great huts. she said if we ask for "allen," someone will definitely be able to get us to him.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-23-2019 at 08:11 PM.

User Info Menu

we checked out at around 12:30pm- our food and drinks tab was more than $300 LESS than i’d expected. i am not complaining. for some reason we have really good luck with this type of thing.

ti papa, checked out

warren showed up before 1pm and we hit the road. he’s an excellent driver and an extremely nice person. he also knows david, and actually wanted to check him about something, but alas, david was not around when we got to red light.

the drive through the mountains was far, far less scary than i remembered it.

we only made one more stop after red light, to get some hand roasted coffee beans for my sister.

duggy, the coffee guy, also had a roadside outdoor restaurant that was surprisingly filled with tourists. i mean, we really were in the middle of nowhere! duggy told us they were all day trippers who wanted an off the beaten path tour of his coffee farm. he also has rooms to rent- i would totally want to stay up there next time i’m back in ja. stay up in the blue mountains, bathe in the river and chill.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-23-2019 at 08:09 PM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

we stopped to get food in buff bay- really delicious soup with river snail, red pea, dumpling and potato.

it was really, really, really nice to finally not have to eat hotel food.

the drive from buff bay to great huts was exceedingly pleasant. warren pointed out where he grew up and other local spots of interest.

we stopped at woody's to place an order for jamaican food for monday at 6pm. if you're not wanting hamburgers you have to order the food at least a day in advance and pay up front (a minimum of 2 orders), so i handed over enough money for 2 orders of curry goat. monday, 6pm. ti boss will be happy with hamburger. warren is going to drive us around for a full day on monday, with woody's to be the last stop. mooretown/nanny falls, long bay, blue hole and whatever we come up with. 10am pick-up time.

User Info Menu

backtracking a bit, here's a walk-through of bamboo cottage...

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

boston bay, great huts and fig tree house (the unit we're staying in) are as incredibly gorgeous as irish town, strawberry hill and bamboo cottage.

view of entrance from upstairs bed

view of boston bay from upstairs bed

we arrived around 5:30pm, received a complimentary rum punch, settled the balance of our bill (you have to pay half up front and half upon arrival), were given a very quick rundown of property FAQs and taken to our room by a very nice guy named fisher. ti boss discovered that fisher is 25 and unmarried, currently.

husband immediately went out to the jerk stands and got 2 half chickens and 3 festival.

ti boss immediately went to explore the 2 pools.

i immediately went and ran a bath in that massive bathtub overlooking the water.

the bath was incredible.

User Info Menu

oh, yeah- we drove past about 4 funeral processions yesterday. 3 of them were extremely hoochie. the 4th was lynval bloomfield's.

User Info Menu

day 5- first full day at great huts.

6:39 is the time my body wants to wake up whenever i’m in ja.

woke up at 6:39am, watched the sea for a while, husband went out for a quick jog and was back within half an hour. ti boss came upstairs at 7am, ready to get going.

i took a walk with ti boss, who already knew the lay of the land due to his pool expeditions of the day before. we walked the wooden snake walk that hugs the cliff and visited both pools. we were back in the room by 8am. breakfast starts at 8:30 every morning.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 03-13-2019 at 08:20 PM.