Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst 123456789101116 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

I'm loving your report, but it makes me miss Portland! I'm stuck up here in the snow so it's nice to see the places we visited when we were there!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Maralunatic View Post
    I'm loving your report, but it makes me miss Portland! I'm stuck up here in the snow so it's nice to see the places we visited when we were there!
    thank you!

it's 24 degrees in ny right now.

are you planning a trip back to ja any time soon?

User Info Menu

yesterday (day 7) husband found a taxi driver to take us to the atm, the patty shop and the supermarket.

here is a view from the atm line:

i bought a bunch of patties, including one beef patty for the driver and 3 chicken patties for ti boss, who probably coulda eaten 7, if i'd indulged him.

then we went to ramtula's where i bought 2 sixes of red stripe, 2 sixes of guinness, a 2 liter bottle of fruit punch soda, 2 liters of spring water and a bottle of rum cream (my fave). husband (in a grouchy mood because i am annoying) sat in the car, but the driver came in to see if ti boss and i needed help carrying anything out. very nice.

he dropped us back to the hotel in a little under an hour.

husband (still grouchy) told us he wasn't going to the beach with us, so ti boss and i said whatevzzzzzzz and went to boston beach by ourselves, stopping on the way to pick up a bottle of soursop juice.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

i’ve been extremely low-key this trip, keeping my drinking down to a bare minimum. i don’t smoke weed anymore, because i don’t feel i’d be able to function properly enough to give my kid the focus he needs/deserves. husband, on the other hand, binges on weed and booze when he’s here. honestly, i feel one of us needs to remain relatively sober...

(oh, i meant to add that when i’m in negril i will buy a single slice of space cake and eat it before i go to sleep each night, but i’m not on the hunt for it in porty.)

yesterday i decided to switch it up a little, and brought the bottle of rum cream to the beach. after i drank about half of it i decided a glass of soursop juice with some overproof rum would taste just dandy. swiveling my head, i spotted this hut:

there were a ton of people hanging out inside and it was obvious the drinks were flowing. it was 50/50 if they were vendors just getting crunk or a private party.

User Info Menu

I don't think I'll be able to go until next year. We went in December and it kind of messed up our normal routine. And I left everything to the last minute, so no room at the inn for us. Although with the never ending rounds of snow we've been getting I'm kicking myself and keep threatening to just go to the airport and jump the next available flight. Why do I live in this state? *sigh*
    But I'm enjoying this through your trip report, so keep it up!

User Info Menu

Great report. I feel like I'm there with you. I can't wait for that coffee. dude! Thanks. and Happy Birthday!!!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ever72 View Post
    Great report. I feel like I'm there with you. I can't wait for that coffee. dude! Thanks. and Happy Birthday!!!!

you caught up on my trip report?????? it’s a bday miracle!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Love this report with the great pics and cool videos!

User Info Menu

i spotted that party hut and figured i could roll over and see if they were selling rum.

so, i grabbed my cup, rolled over and asked (in ann obnoxious ny accent), "do you guys have rum?" this guy standing right next to where i rolled up said, "sure, we have rum. would you like some?"

me: "oh, you guys aren't vendors? you're just hanging?"

guy (in an east coast-ish accent): "yeah, it's my birthday and we're celebrating, but we can give you some rum!"

me: "are you from ny?"

guy: "philly."

me: "even better! but you're jamaican?"

guy: "yeah, i'm jamaican."

me: "i'm from brooklyn! growing up all my friends were jamaican, african, indian- that's how i wound up traveling so much!"

i pointed to the other guy he's with and asked if he's jamaican. first guy said no, that's his best friend and he's been trying to get him to come to ja with him for years.

me (to best friend): "you love it, right?"

best friend laughed and confirmed.

i then apologized for being a party crasher and they told me it's all good and gave me a huge shot of wray and nephew. one of the relatives (an older jamaican man) asked me if i needed any mixer and i explain that i'd actually been on the hunt for rum because i wanted to mix it with my soursop juice. birthday guy said to his friend, "yeah! remember that crazy fruit i showed you and said the juice is so good??? that's what she's talking about!" i told them i'd be happy to get my bottle, if they'd like to share with me and they gave the assent. so, i rolled back over to where ti boss and i had our set-up and got the bottle of soursop juice and the bottle of rum cream.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-27-2019 at 03:19 PM.