Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    mwenvlay thanks so much for your awesome trip report and photos. Your tour of Portland has been fantastic and I hope that you will follow up when you get home with additional pictures that you didn't post so far. Did you take any on your way from Strawberry Hill to Port Antonio through the mountains. Newcastle??? Hardware Gap?? Beautiful ride through there. Once again great job on your Portland postings!! Enjoy the ride around the east coast to Kingston. Unbelievable scenery!! johng
    i was terrible and took no photos while driving!!!

we passed holywell on our way to great huts and didn’t stop, because we had to choose our battles and needed some extra time to track down coffee for my sister.

next time we’ll stay maaaaaybe 2 days at strawberry hill and 2 days at duggy’s cabins on his coffee farm. we will DEFINITELY spend the day at holywell that trip.

User Info Menu

here’s a photo of the reception/lobby at great huts.

warren showed up on time, of course.

User Info Menu

husband was in his extra crazy caribbean mode and started talking about how he realllllly wished he had some henny, how he really wanted to get drunk, so we stopped in long bay and bought a pint of brandy at a beach bar. they put it in a rum bottle.

i took a picture of the beach from the inside of the car.

does that count as a photo from the road?

User Info Menu

husband piped down once he had his brandy and we all settled in for the ride. i was stuck on the right-hand side of the car, so i couldn’t really take any photos if i’d wanted to.

here’s a photo i took of the sign of the restaurant we stopped at for lunch in morant bay.

$500j per person for fried chicken, rice, stew pea and some shredded cabbage and carrot. ti boss and i wanted curry goat but the menu was a liar.

here’s a shot of the dining room.

and here’s a shot of the toilet in the ladies room.

when i got out, warren was like, “was it clean?” and i was like, “hellllllllllllllllllllz no.” and he said, “ i figured not. i will use the side of the road once we leave.”
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-28-2019 at 10:05 PM.

User Info Menu

the rest of the ride went quick-ish. we kept getting stuck behind gigantic, slow moving trucks and drivers who weren’t confident enough to pull past the trucks. the funny thing is that’s what i figured woulda happened on the trip through the blue mountains, not on the trip through st. thomas.

we got to the terra nova around 4:30 (seems to be a theme this trip).

check-in was easy. room is fine in an upscale yet understated way. the bed is EXTREMELY comfortable.

ti boss went swimming ( i chilled at the pool area) and husband took a walk over to devon house.

when it got dark, husband and i took a 6 minute walk up the road to mega mart, on an unsuccessful mission to replace the tweezers i’d misplaced during our stay at strawberry hill.

husband and i got back fairly quickly and we all had dinner at the hotel.

the verandah restaurant is really pretty, with formal settings. the food and cocktails were cheaper than at strawberry hill. the food was better, but the cocktails were not.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 03-01-2019 at 09:38 AM.

User Info Menu

we went back to the pool after dinner.

ti boss splashed around, husband watched movies on the laptop and i played around on my phone.

i crpped out at 10:30 and went to the room to sleep. my guys came in around midnight.

User Info Menu

today (day 10) is our final full day.

we're being picked up at 11 to spend the day touring around kingston.

here is my list:

User Info Menu

okey doke, we hit everything on my list except devon house and megamart. i think i'll try to rally my guys to walk to megamart this evening.

User Info Menu

Last edited by mwenvlay; 03-01-2019 at 05:31 PM.

User Info Menu

our guide at the bob marley museum was very charmless, but husband enjoyed the tour.

last time i went i don't remember it being so packed with tour groups, but i also was there on a random day in april. maybe it was just less busy then.

we passed through stand pipe after we left the museum.

michael,our driver/guide, stopped to top up his cellphone. when he came back he said, "they just killed someone two minutes ago." we drove for about 5 seconds and saw a crowd of people leaning over railing, looking down into a gully. "there. the body's there." we didn't see it.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 03-01-2019 at 05:30 PM.