Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

ti boss and i started to head back to the hotel after kicking it on the beach for a few hours, but we ran into husband, who was coming to loo for us. a multi-hour nap had dispelled his bad mood. he said he wanted to go swimming, so we headed back to boston beach.

i introduced him to the philly/ja people i'd met and we kicked it for a few minutes. one guy told us he knew one phrase in kreyol. i was expecting it to be something that everyone knows, like "n'ap boule" or "sak pase," but what he said translates into "i don't want to hear that sht." we were dying!

after the beach we went over to the jerk spot and split 2 lobsters, some chicken and some yummy fish soup. they tried to convince us to commit to spending the equivalent of $92 on a big lobster birthday dinner today (it's my birthday today). i asked husband to go back this morning and tell them we changed our mind. unless it's unlimited lobster, i am NOT spending that much $ at a jerk hut.

i went back to the room and was knocked out by 7pm (rum n sun). ti boss and husband hung out in the front area of the hotel, where wifi is better, and played games on their phones.

end of day 7.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-27-2019 at 06:03 PM.

User Info Menu

day 8- today is my birthday. i love being away for my birthday! last time we were in ja was for my birthday in 2017.

and here we are again, in a beautiful tree house in a beautiful town. i got a cliffside version of sand gravity and had less than zero desire to leave the property today. this was actually the first time we've spent all day here. it was great.

breakfast at 9am. back to room.

ti boss was supposed to take a surfing lesson at 10 (he missed it yesterday, because we needed to get money in town). he was feeling lazy, so no surfing lesson.

warren called during breakfast to let us know that it was raining in the town where the outdoor gun range is located and they weren't going to open up at all today. so, husband's grand scheme to go shoot a big weapon was derailed. warren said he felt bad. i told him i was SO HAPPY.

so, then i was like, "hmmmm, should we go to the blue lagoon?" nah.

we went back to the lobby area where the wifi is good, and sat there for an hour or so, playing on our phones.

then i decided i was gonna order lunch and ask them if we could get it to go. there are a few outdoor dining areas that don't seem to get much use. i thought it would be nice to sit at the one located close to the cliffside pool, have lunch and then spend some time in the pool.

it took them over an hour to get the food together, but they were so nice and set up a gorgeous table setting for us to enjoy our lunch.

we brought the champagne and bamboo goblets

the food (curry chicken for me and husband, jerk chicken wrap for ti boss) was served in paper takeout boxes. no muss, no fuss.

Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-27-2019 at 08:47 PM.

User Info Menu

after we finished our meal, i watched my guys search for and throw rocks over the cliff, into the sea.

Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-27-2019 at 07:43 PM.

User Info Menu

then we went to the cliff pool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by msbaltimore View Post
    Love this report with the great pics and cool videos!

awwww, thank you!

User Info Menu

yesterday (day 8) was the first day we got any rain.

there was a very quick sunshower when we first got to the cliff pool- we ducked into the african sunrise hut. i felt bad about that, because it was occupied, but it's 3 levels and we were just briefly huddled in the bottom, which is a dirt floor area, with a ladder that leads to the living area.

african sunrise hut (the top 2 levels are visible, the bottom one is not)

when it rained much harder a few hours later, we packed up, huddled in african sunrise for a few minutes then dashed to our tree house.

there are all of these really beautiful, huge black sea birds that spend the day gliding in the sky. i haven't seen a one of them actually flap their wings.

User Info Menu

this is the little lounge bench placed in the shade, at the end of the pool

view over the edge

the rest of my birthday day was spent chilling in the royal lounge (videos of the lounge below)- husband went out twice and got food from the jerk center for us. i didn't have to lift a finger and was asleep by 9pm.

it was a perfect birtday day.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-28-2019 at 10:32 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

today we head to kingston.

we've completed packing.

check-out is at 11, but they said we could stay in the treehouse until 11:30.

warren is collecting us at 12pm.

we're driving the coastal road to our hotel in new kingston. i'm so excited for my guys to do that route. it's so pretty.

User Info Menu

mwenvlay thanks so much for your awesome trip report and photos. Your tour of Portland has been fantastic and I hope that you will follow up when you get home with additional pictures that you didn't post so far. Did you take any on your way from Strawberry Hill to Port Antonio through the mountains. Newcastle??? Hardware Gap?? Beautiful ride through there. Once again great job on your Portland postings!! Enjoy the ride around the east coast to Kingston. Unbelievable scenery!! johng