Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 611121314151617 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    we're heading back to snow today

we tend to average 2 trips a year. one is usually to visit family in haiti.

when i was single and childless (a state that lasted through my early 40s) i would travel whenever i was able, but now that i have a kid i find it's easiest to travel in february (my birthday + spring break for kids) and then some time between july and september. sometimes it works out to be easter break and thanksgiving.

i want to get my guys to new orleans or california and do a trip to a few places in europe. those are on my short list.
    holla when you are ready to plan your new orleans trip, that is where I am originally from.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    here's the mortar and pestle (pilon) i bought from rock bottom to replace the cracked, soft wood one my husband bought in port au prince several years ago.

i placed it next to the salt container to show scale- it looked so miniature in the first photo.
    This is beautiful!

User Info Menu

GREAT report!!! and awesome photos! Very informative love the details. So I have considered Strawberry Hill for a long while. What are your thoughts of no a/c in August. I am an A/C girl and I know august is HOT and humid. Wondering if I can manage. Is it really that cool in the Blue Mtns?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sammyb View Post
    This is beautiful!
    isn't it?

it's iron wood, which means it's extra-extra hard wood. should last forever.

User Info Menu

holla when you are ready to plan your new orleans trip, that is where I am originally from.
    ooooh, great to know!

i think my husband's gonna LOVE new orleans, because it will remind him of parts of haiti.

User Info Menu

GREAT report!!! and awesome photos! Very informative love the details. So I have considered Strawberry Hill for a long while. What are your thoughts of no a/c in August. I am an A/C girl and I know august is HOT and humid. Wondering if I can manage. Is it really that cool in the Blue Mtns?
    i think you would be slightly warm during the day and would need to utilize the fan- but you would most likely not be in your room much during sunlight hours. it would most definitely be cool up there during the night.

i really love strawberry hill. it's a really special place. even if you only stay there once and then move on to something less expensive in the area it's worth the experience.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info on Strawberry Hill! New Orleans is a special city...so much history and culture. Didn't realize how "strange" we were until I moved away. Love being strange lol! Thanks again for a very insightful report and such a good review of Warren. He and his brother work hard to do a good job.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info on Strawberry Hill! New Orleans is a special city...so much history and culture. Didn't realize how "strange" we were until I moved away. Love being strange lol! Thanks again for a very insightful report and such a good review of Warren. He and his brother work hard to do a good job.
    i loooooove new orleans. you guys really are ~strange,~ and it's great! like a combo of brooklyn and port au prince folks, so i totally get along with all of you!

and i would not be surprised if warren winds up visiting us in nyc at some point

User Info Menu

Hey mwenvlay, How are you gonna livestream the Buju concert tonight?? Should be Epic!! I know that you've only been home 2 weeks but when you find the time can you please post a trip summery with whatever photos and video that you haven't yet dropped!! Thanks in advance!!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by johng View Post
    Hey mwenvlay, How are you gonna livestream the Buju concert tonight?? Should be Epic!! I know that you've only been home 2 weeks but when you find the time can you please post a trip summery with whatever photos and video that you haven't yet dropped!! Thanks in advance!!
    i missed it!!!

i am coming down with the flu and have a crazy week at work ahead of me (i work in advertising and we're about to launch a new campaign and i'm working 11 hour days), so i went to bed last night at 9pm. i'mma try to catch as much of it as possible via youtube videos. cannot wait to see beres!

and re: my trip report- i totally thought i'd posted every single thing about my trip but realized i forgot to mention we stopped by the folly mansion in port antonio (no photos, boo)!

and i also forgot to post the two cute birthday mementos i got from great huts hotel folks and the server at terra nova!

birthday swans at great huts! the woman who made up my room also left me a really sweet birthday card!

day after my birthday @ terra nova hotel (taken by ti boss)