Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678914 ... LastLast

Thread: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report: Blue Mountains, Boston Bay, Kingston

Amazing trip report so far. I have a definite ¨thing¨ for Negril, but have always checked out Strawberry Hill and Porty in the past to see if I´d want to switch it up, someday. I definitely do, even more so now.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by nickib983 View Post
    Amazing trip report so far. I have a definite ¨thing¨ for Negril, but have always checked out Strawberry Hill and Porty in the past to see if I´d want to switch it up, someday. I definitely do, even more so now.
    yay, that’s what i want to hear!

we have 2 days left at great huts, then the last leg of this trip is 2 days in kingston, so stay tuned for another hotel and some city sightseeing.

User Info Menu

here are some photos of the spot that people say nanny is really buried.

User Info Menu

ti boss got invited to play a pickup game of football during the local children's recess!

User Info Menu

once we peeled ti boss away from the game, it was time to head up to the falls.

let me backtrack to speak about the colonel for a moment... we really wanted to meet him, so we could pay our respects and so we could ask him to give ti boss a brief history lesson, but by the time we got up to his house he'd already left. we were told he was headed up to some land they owned, where they're setting up a new tourist stop- a parrot sanctuary and fruit orchard. sounds pretty rad to me!

so, we missed the colonel but got a key from someone else...

getting to the waterfall consisted of a 30 minute trek up a wide forest path. it was a gently uphill walk, but even so i needed to stop a few times because i have issues with shortness of breath in high altitudes (that, and i am incredibly out of shape, tbh). but i managed it! it wasn't hard, honestly.

guide #2 (i'll ask ti boss what his name was, i forget), warren, husband on the walk up

the "hard" part was an EXTREMELY steep stone staircase leading down to the falls. the railing had worn away and pvc piping had been added in parts, to form a makeshift rail. so again, this was a slightly rigorous exercise, but not that bad. i didn't take any photos because i was too busy concentrating on getting down without slipping.

once down, there was a minimal section where we had to climb over rocks and down some banks to get to the actual river area. but if i managed it, most people should be able to.

after we got down to the river, we waded a VERY short distance (a matter of feet) in waist deep water, and then we were directly facing the falls. warren, who was dressed very nicely, scrambled over rocks and thus managed to stay dry.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-26-2019 at 09:45 AM.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

Fantastic photos!
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 68Stang View Post
    Fantastic photos!
    thank you!

i recently re-fell in love with my hipstamatic app, and the artsy fartsy goodness it provides.

i'm using my iphone, shooting a combo of hipsta photos and photos with an app called camera+.

User Info Menu

I am totally enjoying your reports and pictures !

User Info Menu

ti boss confirmed that guide #2 is named Garnett. our original guide is named theodore. he has an instagram- @t bone.

we spent about an hour and a half at the falls, swimming, skipping rocks, drinking beers, talking and laughing.

warren, keeping dry

theodore, husband, ti boss

ti boss and garnett, looking for rocks to skip

the water was cool and refreshing or freezing and refreshing, depending on who you asked. i found it cool.