Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: For a fun Trip Report...

User Info Menu

Re: For a fun Trip Report...

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Just missed you...I was supposed to be in Kingston this week but got the darn flu bug!!
    Make sure you get to Port Royal and maybe have a fabulous lunch at Gloria's in town there. The Port Royal area is an incredible part of Jamaica's history!!
    i was actually thinking of dropping you a line to see if you'd be in town, but wasn't sure if that would make me a weirdo! i hope you feel better.

every time i plan to get to port royal i never make it- maybe it will be easier this time now that we have someone to take us wherever we want.

i want to check out this bar

because it's built out of shipping containers. there are a lot of those structures in port au prince (we even have an entire container hotel, servotel, and it's upscale!) and i want to see how they do it in kingston.

i highly doubt the scene will be that "lit" (as my kid says) tomorrow as it is in this video.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 02-28-2019 at 10:45 AM.

User Info Menu

Too cool...the video does show a special event...but sounds great to check out.
    They're doing a container structure here on the beach in Negril also.

Mwenvlay...contact me anytime!!
    Last edited by Bnewb; 02-28-2019 at 10:43 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bnewb View Post
    Too cool...the video does show a special event...but sounds great to check out.
    They're doing a container structure here on the beach in Negril also.
    Mwenvlay...contact me anytime!!
    oooh, a container structure in negril you say? i'm intrigued.

i honestly think it's a smart move to utilize that type of structure- they're cost effective and versatile. i'm confident that whatever they build in negril will be amazing.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    oooh, a container structure in negril you say? i'm intrigued.

i honestly think it's a smart move to utilize that type of structure- they're cost effective and versatile. i'm confident that whatever they build in negril will be amazing.
    I'm feeling a bit better today...if I get out & about I'll get a pic of the structure for everyone.
    And, thanks for the trip report...you're making me nostalgic for Great Huts!!