Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Updated Sand Flea Solutions?

User Info Menu

Updated Sand Flea Solutions?

Rob and All,

What are your current successful recommendations for beach sand flea prevention and treatment? Other than staying off beach after dusk and after rain (this just isn’t possible). I get destroyed every trip no matter how much I try to prevent with spray.

Thanks in advance. Soon come.

User Info Menu

Re: Updated Sand Flea Solutions?

Eat lots of garlic, once it's in your blood the biting bugs go away. We load up before every reach . Mosquitoes too ! But you have to feel bad for the guy sitting next to you on the flight down .

User Info Menu

Bring sandals that you can wear long socks with - this works for me every time. I also buy this repellent that fishermen use that are made of sheets of microfiber that I sometimes lightly rub on my socks.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Deet products, it seems that the sand fleas react to even low level.

Lisa saved a wedding group this summer when she brought out her Deep Woods Off!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I always bring this stuff down and spray Knee to toes every evening and I came away with only one bite last trip (they usually luv me)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

User Info Menu

Deep woods off works for us if we remember to spray. I find the worst time of day is sunset. After sunset and when the sand cools off we don’t get bit. We enjoy dinner on the sand and never have a problem.

User Info Menu

I second the deet vote. I bring deet based products from Walmart (deep woods etc) I never get bites. I even bring mosquito coils for my outdoor patio. We have found late in the evening when it has rained we used to get bitten on our patio, but not with a coil burning.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

thanks for the tips! Heading back in June.
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

I buy the local brand (at least I think it's local cause it's cheaper than Off) of bug spray "GO!" at the Mega mart in mobay when I get there. I've also seen it at many of the markets in Negril, even the small ones. You'll pay more though.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyNYC View Post
    I buy the local brand (at least I think it's local cause it's cheaper than Off) of bug spray "GO!" at the Mega mart in mobay when I get there. I've also seen it at many of the markets in Negril, even the small ones. You'll pay more though.
    Yup...GO brand, Bunny's (even cheaper) and Vape all have deet in them...they're about half the price of buying North American products here, ie. OFF.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 02-26-2019 at 04:52 PM.