Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: April Trip !!

User Info Menu

April Trip !!

Going's on 2nd week in April ? Any Special ? Pon the Rock! Cheer's!

User Info Menu

Re: April Trip !!

Thinking about maybe going to Port Royal ?? Any thoughts on the trip from Negril to Kingston! Thanks..

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Highlander View Post
    Thinking about maybe going to Port Royal ?? Any thoughts on the trip from Negril to Kingston! Thanks..
    Port Royal is an amazing experience!!
    The trip would be more relaxing if you can stay a night or two in Kingston or somewhere nearby. It can be done in one day albeit a very long travel day (approx. 8 hours of total driving)...I would combine it with the Bob Marley museum and/or Devon House.

Getting from Negril to Port Royal is going to depend on your comfort level.
    The easiest and most comfortable way to get there, is to hire a driver from Negril to stay with you the whole trip.
    A more affordable option would be to take the Knutsford Bus into Kingston....a Kingston driver that you've arranged ahead of time would pick you up and drive you around town. They'd return you to catch your scheduled Knutsford bus to Negril later in the day.

However you get there...if you'd like to see another side of Jamaica and experience a bit of the history here...it's a place I think everyone should take the time to visit!!

User Info Menu

Bnewb, Thanks, We have always wanted to do the trip, But as you know Negril is so relaxing... Ya don't want to leave !!

User Info Menu

a trip to kingston is definitely worth it.

knutsford express is an affordable and comfortable means of transportation and it's a nice way to get to see the island.

i agree with bnewb- 2 days in kingston definitely makes the trip worth it. i've spent a lot of time there over the years (to hang out and for work), but my husband and son had never been, so we just did 2 nights at the terra nova hotel at the tail end of our 10 day trip last week.

we arrived in kingston on thursday afternoon and hung at the hotel. friday we spent 5 days out and about- bob marley museum, kingston craft market (not recommended, honestly), lunch at moby dick restaurant (HIGHLY recommended) and some other stuff. saturday afternoon, we headed back to ny.

jamaica is a big island- i definitely think people owe it to themselves to see more of it.

Administrator

User Info Menu

And a trip to Port Royal is a great a great way to spend an afternoon in Kingston!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Thanks All !!