Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is this true? A murder at 8 pm at Kenny’s on main road

User Info Menu

Is this true? A murder at 8 pm at Kenny’s on main road

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Is this true? A murder at 8 pm at Kenny’s on main road

It happened last week. But I think you might have the wrong Kenny. This occurred at Keney's Chinese, not Kenny' Italian Cafe.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Sad, I know it happens everywhere in the world but in a tourist town it can really have a negative outcome. Wish everyone could just get along. We really need a Bob Marley in these times to come together. My condolences to all involved.

User Info Menu

From the limited details in the article, it sounds to me like he was targeted. As unfortunate as this may be, it doesn’t make me feel any more at risk, and I still wouldn’t hesitate to return to Negril.

User Info Menu

Been visiting Negril for 30 years, agree, this will not stop us regulars from returning every year.
    But is still sad.

User Info Menu

I agree with JohnNYC, SOUNDS LIKE A PROFESSIONAL HIT to me. Was in Umbertos In Little Italy in NYC eating ,2 nites later Joe Gallo was shot a few tables from where we were sitting around the same time of night. Growing up in the city unfortunately murder is a sad common occurrence as it is everywhere worldwide. Been coming to Negril over 30 years and have never had a problem and will continue to come. Probably would like to be laid out in the funeral parlor in Lucea and buried in Negril.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by JohnNYC View Post
    From the limited details in the article, it sounds to me like he was targeted. As unfortunate as this may be, it doesn’t make me feel any more at risk, and I still wouldn’t hesitate to return to Negril.
    Negril is safer than the region where I live.

User Info Menu

I couldn't agree more..after 26 years of visits to Jamaica...spending most of my visit in Negril.....I've never felt unsafe at any time..day or night...I'm about 55 miles NW of downtown Chicago where there's definite safety issues sad to say. That's what really angered me when the US & Canada put that ridiculous travel warning on Jamaica last year during high season...don't know about Canada but the US needs to take a hard look in their own back yard before pointing fingers!!

User Info Menu

Ok, I get it.if it’s a hit it’s all good and kosher. My bad.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by tubes View Post
    Ok, I get it.if it’s a hit it’s all good and kosher. My bad.
    no its not all good..... should not happen in negril