Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Idle awhile on the cliffs question

User Info Menu

Idle awhile on the cliffs question

wondering if anyone has stayed on the idle awhile cliff property and can share their experience.
    we are typically beach people but at one time split the trip. on the cliff side we have stayed at the castle as well as catcha.
    we just returned from a beach trip and considering returning end of may for an anniversary.
    realize the idle awhile cliff is way out there so wonder how isolated it is from other bars , restaurants , little stores . i can get a scooter but am a slow driver so a ride to the beach could be a long trip.looking for something a bit different since this an extra trip
    any comments or suggestions? thank you

User Info Menu

Re: Idle awhile on the cliffs question

The CLIFFS as it's referred to is absolutely stunningly beautiful property... it's not that far out from the lighthouse 3 minutes from the lighthouse if you've been to the lighthouse which is just a stone's throw from Rick's as far as getting a scooter the road is paved up to about that point.. (although you're going to find a pothole or two but not to worry) of that property so you're good to go so don't think it's that far out... my dear friend Linus is one of the owners that property originally when it was the Moondance Cliffs as well as they had Moondance Villa Beach property you didn't have to stay there to spend the day there unfortunately when Idle a While bought it that has changed you can have lunch or dinner there if you're not a guest but you cannot use the facilities such as the pool.... just got back from the West End a week and a half ago and was on the property having lunch with Linus during my 5 week stay any pictures that you will see posted do not do that property Justice as I said it's breathtaking unbelievably breathtaking

User Info Menu

Rooster...The Cliff is a different property than Hide Awhile or recently called Idle Awhile The Cliffs.
    Moondance Villas on the beach was taken over by Idle Awhile. Moondance Cliffs was taken over by an American woman (if I'm remembering correctly) and she called Moondance Cliffs, The Cliff.

(Hey Rooster...Rob knows Linus very well also - first one to show Linus the internet).

Spanky...I can't tell you about staying at Idle Awhile the Cliffs... but the property is gorgeous and located within easy walking distance to Just Natural, Out of Town Pastry, The Cliffs, The Caves, Murphy's, LTU and Ricks.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 03-07-2019 at 07:08 PM.

User Info Menu

Idle awhile cliffs is great, limited food onsite but all good. Always rented a scooter but never took past roundabout in town. Just used it for west end travel. Comfy beds and linens and nice TVs. Swimming in ocean is different. More current but a lot more schools of fish. Once totally surrounded by some blue fish, couldn’t see out of em. Property is nice and quiet except for daily prayer for Mecca next door. Didn’t bother us. A few somewhat close places, but scooter is better.

User Info Menu

thanks for the info. it appears that the cliff hotel is right next to the idle awhile cliff property.
    it is confusing as i also thought that they purchased both of the Moondance properties but i did ask and was told that idle awhile built the property on the cliffs. i think we will give it a shot as we rarely stay on the cliff side and never have that far out. we took a liking to Connies place this last trip so we can visit her more. i do remember when they were building the Moondance villas on the beach . i was told the owner was there so we chatted for a bit. i remember he was a commodities trader from chicago and he said they built the homes without a budget. i still believe that's the most impressive property on the beach just very pricey

Administrator

User Info Menu

Spanky,

The same owner of Moondance also owned Aqua Moon before it became Aqua.

Rooster,

Spent a lot of time with Linus at the old Drumville Cove!
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Hi Rob..Drumville Cove was my interduction to Jamaica/Negril...the first property of 3 in my 26 years of visits...Linus was the best thing that happened to Drumville...but Ivan changed the course of the property as you know.

User Info Menu

the Aqua property looked really nice . the pool is a great addition. wonder who owns that property now? also Tubes is there a scooter rental fairly close to the idle awhile cliffs ? last couple years i rented from a place around grand pineapple . just been charging 20 a day if i take for a week.

User Info Menu

Spanky...the closest scooter rental shop would be Gas...he's located next to Home Sweet Home.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the info. We are going to book the idle awhile cliffs . We considered other vacation spots but always decide you can beat Negril . Booking out on the cliff side gives us a chance to do something different but still Negril bound again