Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Idle awhile on the cliffs question

User Info Menu

Re: Idle awhile on the cliffs question

We recently stayed at Idle Awhile beach I believe they will shuttle you between the two properties and let you use the amenities.

User Info Menu

thanks for the suggestions. we booked the idle Awhile cliffs . rarely stay on the cliff side and never further than Catcha so look forward to some new experiences. heard there is/was a good bakery somewhere out there and being closer to Connies is a plus.

User Info Menu

Great choice, Out of Town Pastry (RIP Collin) is at the corner of Hylton Ave and the Cliff Rd, you will be about a 5 min walk. Sir D's Lookout bar is about a 10 min walk, I am assuming both are still open. There is almost always a Route Taxi sitting at that same corner so getting rides to other places on the West End is easy and convenient.
    Last edited by Packrat; 04-27-2019 at 08:13 AM.

User Info Menu

thanks for the info .will try both spots. my fav coco bread place tan tan left negril years ago . maybe out of town will be a new fav

User Info Menu

Know I'm late to this here's some info of Idle Awhile Cliffs for a most serene cliff-side stay. They have a daily shuttle that will take you to the beach and back. The hotel and grounds don't get much traffic so they remain well kept, pretty stunning if you ask me especially the 3 villettes closest to the ocean. Listening to the night ocean and looking at the night sky is just something else up there!

Sondria runs the little grill there, she used to work at Jamaica Jane's when it was located across the road from Idle Awhile Beach. Simple food, not a bad value. We've had food prepared and picked up for us at Sips and Bites when we got cliff-gravity too lol! They have someone at the gate that can usually help out hailing a route taxi, we're not much for walking in the heat.

The pool is small but well situated with chairs and umbrellas, so pretty under a trellis. They have also added a big raised palapa off to the right facing the ocean that is so cool to chill out on with comfy couches, the whole nine, catches the breeze and also has ceiling fans, they think of everything. Ocean access is down a ladder and probably easiest to get up and down early morning for a great snorkle. Its special and has always been very quiet, not too many guests there in July when we are usually in Negril.

The Cliffs (previously known as Moondance Cliffs) is right next door and a bigger property by comparison, also beautiful grounds. We've enjoyed dinner there, one of 2 couples only, it was pretty well done, very romantic. Did a tour there, the rooms are also very nice and kept up but seemed further from the ocean to us overlooking the grounds and restaurant areas.

User Info Menu

great info thank you. we look forward to staying at idle awhile cliffs. been primarily beach people other than a few trips, Catcha and the Castle. celebrating a big anniversary . anyone know if out of town pastry would bake a cake? thanks