Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buy 190 proof 95% alcohol

User Info Menu

Re: Buy 190 proof 95% alcohol

When I worked for W&N Overproof was exactly what came out of the still. Sometimes so pure that it absorbed water just pouring it. The label read "guaranteed full strength" (un cured raw alcohol from the pot stills) The strength varied from batch to batch Averaged about 90% give or take. No proof label on the bottle.

This 65% stuff you buy today is a mere shadow of true "proof" rum

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by captaind View Post
    When I worked for W&N Overproof was exactly what came out of the still. Sometimes so pure that it absorbed water just pouring it. The label read "guaranteed full strength" (un cured raw alcohol from the pot stills) The strength varied from batch to batch Averaged about 90% give or take. No proof label on the bottle.

This 65% stuff you buy today is a mere shadow of true "proof" rum

Cap
    I can affirm what CaptD says on this. In the early '90s when I spent a few months a year at Apple Valley Park in Maggotty (just outside the Appleton Estate), the chemists would come over in the evening and bring the "White". Although it varied slightly in strength from batch to batch, if it didn't remove paint it wasn't good enough to bring.
    ahhh the memories.

Free Opinions Offered. No tipping required. Hours: Open when I feel like it.

User Info Menu

On my last reach i was invited by my dear local freinds to go support a local bar of good friends bar..that said they prefer & got the overproof stuff (not me) they love that stuff they sucked it up like water..had a fabulous time & they were at work the next day...

User Info Menu

it was so much better in the 80's overproof is what we used in all rum drinks.....
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning