Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Avoiding spring break family trips

User Info Menu

Avoiding spring break family trips

Looking to book a quiet stay in Negril in the next month or so and I would like to avoid the families with small children... I love kids but want some peace and quiet on the beach. Any advice on best timing? It looks like the New York public school system doesn't break until the week of 4/19, but I've seen other posts saying March is the peak time... Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Re: Avoiding spring break family trips

I think March is the spring break for many colleges - the first week for many of the grade/middle/high school students begins April 19th and lasts that whole week. The airfare usually rises too, (like on President's Day week in February) and that week just after Easter which is on April 21st this week.

User Info Menu

Spring break hasn't been full of college kids for way over a decade & I've never really noticed any place overloaded with small children.
    To be on the safe side...if you're an AI person...pick a place like the Couples properties where there's no children allowed - or - choose a boutique property along the lines of Idle Awhile, Charela, Firefly, Country Country etc...they generally have only couples staying or an older crowd.
    I wouldn't pick a hotel such as Coco La Palm...as they often have many families staying there.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 03-12-2019 at 11:24 AM.

User Info Menu

Never see many kids at Charela Inn or Fun Holiday.

User Info Menu

Watch out for idle awhile I’m bringing 7 kids. Haha!