Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite economical non beach/cliff side?

User Info Menu

Re: Favorite economical non beach/cliff side?

Jojo, we like the cliffs area but I'd like to do a two for one next time, stay 3 days on the beach and then 4-5 on the cliffs. Appreciate the advice re White Sands. I remember telling people back home how little I paid at Catcha (we stayed in the smallest cottage, which was fine with us) and they were amazed. Wait til I tell them I paid $60 a night!

Does White Sands allow you to bring your own on the beach? Meaning can I buy some beer/wine and drink it in front of the resort on the beach? Catcha is so laid back and cool that way, you go to the mini mart down the road when it opens, grab what you need, and nobody bothers you. Love that about Catcha!

User Info Menu

TuffGong..
    I cannot stress how laid back WS is, I actually bring many drinks from my room , but always get a couple from the bar and tip a few bucks always ! You can go wrong with WS.. A huge group of us went there in November, and rented the villa and someone ( I will not say who ..lol smuggeled a bunch of ground beef, and there was no grill to bbq the beef, Francis the manager of WS, went in to Mo bay and purchased a grill..true story.. you will love chiilin at WS.

User Info Menu

Jojo, many thanks, looks like I've found my beach home. I would do as you would, bring my own but purchase out of kindness. And tip of course.

We had such a great time in Negril both because it was so laid back and also because it was so affordable. My wife and I are both civil servants with kids, so stretching our dollar is paramount. Thanks again for all of the feedback, appreciate it.