Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Taxi Fares recently?

User Info Menu

Taxi Fares recently?

Hi folks!
    We have been visiting Negril almost yearly since the late 1980's and still love it. In the past several years we have been splitting our stays at an A-I with a stay on the cliffs. The last two trips we found the taxi fare from Couples Negril to the cliffs had gone WAY up. We tend to overtip while in Jamaica since everyone is always so nice and helpful and I always over tip taxi drivers who charge me what feels like a fair rate. What I don't want is to lose track of what that trip should normally cost for 2 adults with a couple of suitcases. I don't want to feel overcharged if I wasn't and I don't want to be overcharged due to lack of info.

What cost should we expect this spring from Bloody Bay to the Cliffs (roughly obviously)?

Secondly, we this year we will move from CN to Catcha, and then from Catcha to Rockhouse. Would you suggest grabbing taxi when we leave the hotel or calling ahead to the next hotel to have them send someone?

Thanks for your help!

User Info Menu

Re: Taxi Fares recently?

Since it’s a one way trip you shouldn’t have trouble finding a driver for $20 to $25. If you are going to make stops for money and groceries expect to pay more.

User Info Menu

Either option works but it might be easier just to have the hotel you're currently staying, get you a taxi to the next hotel. Tell them what you're willing to pay before you get in and tell the person calling what you're willing to pay.

User Info Menu

Couples Negril will transport you, let them know when you are checking in that you are moving to another hotel on the cliffs and you need transportation. We found this out in November. We stayed at Swept Away and were moving to Tensing Pen. We got our own transportation and were told Couples would've taken us if we would've let them know.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by luvmylabs View Post
    Couples Negril will transport you, let them know when you are checking in that you are moving to another hotel on the cliffs and you need transportation. We found this out in November. We stayed at Swept Away and were moving to Tensing Pen. We got our own transportation and were told Couples would've taken us if we would've let them know.
    Excellent idea. I will at least ask. We have moved to the cliffs from CN or CSA many times now and they never offered even when I told them what I needed. I will contact them in advance this time to see if we can work that out. Thanks!