Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fruit Lady

User Info Menu

Fruit Lady

Didn't see the "Fruit Lady" on the beach this year. We don't know her name as we always referred to as the "Fruit Lady". You could hear her coming up the beach with her awesome "F..r..u..i..t.., bananas, mangoes, etc. carrying her basket on her head. We would buy from her and she would sit on the wall at Rooms and chat and sing us a gospel song sometimes. Has anyone seen her? Also the "Cigarette" man.

User Info Menu

Re: Fruit Lady

Quote Originally Posted by YaMonLarry View Post
    Didn't see the "Fruit Lady" on the beach this year. We don't know her name as we always referred to as the "Fruit Lady". You could hear her coming up the beach with her awesome "F..r..u..i..t.., bananas, mangoes, etc. carrying her basket on her head. We would buy from her and she would sit on the wall at Rooms and chat and sing us a gospel song sometimes. Has anyone seen her? Also the "Cigarette" man.
    The fruit lady (damn i cant remember her name, Carita?) was on the beach in February. Got some pineapple and bananas from her.

The cig dude was on the beach also, featuring a cool lid.

Ask Gibson at Coco. Ask him and 5 minutes later they are there.
    Last edited by Kold Ass Mofo; 04-02-2019 at 12:55 PM.

User Info Menu

She was there in January. Got some great pineapple from her.

User Info Menu

I believe her name is Cortis? I always buy from her..

User Info Menu

Great, now i have that raspy SEE GA RETTE stuck in my head. funny.

User Info Menu

We bought fruit from her March 11 - 18th. She was around most days. Cigarette vendor was also around each day.

User Info Menu

I was there the whole month of March and saw the fruit lady (Gem) just about everyday. Saw the cigarette guy several times as well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by fargoman View Post
    I believe her name is Cortis? I always buy from her..
    Thank you. Cortis(sp?) is correct. She is such a sweet, kind, gentle woman. I can't help but think that she is seriously hurting her back with all the weight she carries.

User Info Menu

Got caught in a rainstorm while at Tony’s Hut a few years ago. Cortis and Norman the patty guy came running in. The 2 of them, my wife and I, and Princess Grace the bartender, spent the next few hours playing dominos and having a great time. They’re all such nice people, even though I got hustled for drinks! I will remember that for a long time.

User Info Menu

Her basket is unbelievably heavy and so are the two bags she carries with her all day. I lifted it on to her head a couple of times this year. Not an easy task. Her neck muscles must be huge!!