Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Jablum?

User Info Menu

Jablum?

OK... I've got some sources, but for reference...

What's the going rate for Blue Mountain (the real stuff... beans) at the MBJ duty-frees?

User Info Menu

Re: Jablum?

Bump... hoping for some buying recent experience at MBJ...

User Info Menu

The stuff at the airport is the lowest quality beans available. Buy from a local roaster. Better quality, better price.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Sorry, Ras... not really the answer I was hoping for. I'm not looking for junk coffee... has to have seal, so I'd only go with the JaBlum, Wallenford, etc.

I'm sure the local roasters do a great job, but there is no accounting for where they get their beans. If its a local roaster I want, Victor Allen's production facility and national distribution center is located less than 5 miles from here.

Thanks for the input though. Appreciate the suggestion.

User Info Menu

I’ve done extensive research on the subject. The stuff, even under seal, that is available in the gift shops and airport are the lowest quality beans. Both Thunder and Big Roy custom roast single estate, whole crop blue mountain coffee. Not high mountain. Even gift shop or high mountain are still good. But I’m a bit of a coffee snob.
    Sing unto God, sing praises to his name: extol him that rideth upon the heavens by his name JAH, and rejoice before him. KJV Psalm 68:4

User Info Menu

Sorry Chris...I've never bought coffee at the airport so I can't help you with the price....and funny enough I agree with both you & RasW about the coffee.

I did have some delicious Mountain Peak today....

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Chris B View Post
    OK... I've got some sources, but for reference...

What's the going rate for Blue Mountain (the real stuff... beans) at the MBJ duty-frees?
    $46lb in March. Buy from Thunder @$25lb.

User Info Menu

this isn't particularly helpful because this thread is about looking for good coffee beans at the airport, but we got excellent coffee beans on our way from strawberry hill to boston bay. i think we paid $20 for a pound (my husband made the transaction).

duggy, the coffee guy, also had a roadside outdoor restaurant that was surprisingly filled with tourists. and he rents rooms by a pretty river.

i have his contact info if anyone wants it.
    Last edited by mwenvlay; 04-19-2019 at 11:23 AM.