Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please suggest an ALL INCLUSIVE for my friend

User Info Menu

Please suggest an ALL INCLUSIVE for my friend

Hello,

My friend/co-worker, her husband and 2 children ages 5 and 8 are considering Negril for a vaca but they wanna do an all inclusive. She knows husband and I are obsessed with jamaica and have been to Negril a doz times and that we never stay at all inclusives AND I did try and talk her into staying at a non- AI but they're pretty set on an AI due to the kids. ( I will make her promise they leave the AI for excursions buy who knows if they will?)

Who has AI recommendations for me to pass along to her? Anything at all. The good. The bad. The ugly. I want it all.
    The only AI I've ever stepped foot into was The Royalton (we went on a sales pitch walk thru last year to check it out) and I guess if you're looking for an AI it seemed decent enough? But husband and I just can't fathom staying at one! They aren't for us.

I appreciate any comments about AI's in Negril you may have to pass along to my friend

User Info Menu

Re: Please suggest an ALL INCLUSIVE for my friend

If you want them to get out and "explore", might i suggest Grand Pineapple. I have never stayed at any AI but it is more central (close to Alfred's) and would be easier than having to deal with taxis. Do check the hotel section of the main page of negril.com for more.
    Irie Sue

User Info Menu

beaches for the kids if they dont mind spending the money though we have just done a day pass with the family. we have done grand pineapple a couple times with the kids . it's the best value on the beach in my opinion but not the ritz.
    if the kids are older they might try riu.

User Info Menu

Name:  CB580495-CFC7-40CB-8347-620F23D4085B.jpeg
Views: 905
Size:  2.59 MB
    Name:  B82223DA-E2EE-425F-A488-79EFB2345F88.jpeg
Views: 921
Size:  4.13 MB
    Beaches would be my choice if I was a kid!!

User Info Menu

Beaches...if the kids are younger.. Grand Pineapple really doesn't have much in the way of things for the kids to do.
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Comparing Beaches to the Grand Pineapple is like comparing a Model T to a new Mercedes..lol..

User Info Menu

i mean, if all they want is to not deal with paying for food and drink as they go and aren't sweating a water park, nightly entertainment and free excursions, then grand pineapple would be fine.

if they want some super duper deluxe all-inclusive experience with lots of bells and whistles and extras included, then they should go for beaches.

(but you know how i feel- at that age, all kids need is a pail and shovel, a pair of water wings and a lot of sunscreen.)

User Info Menu

that is true. The only thing in common is the AI...and that doesn't even compare. But I love the GP..so it works for us and is a heck of a lot cheaper! Which means we can come back yearly as opposed to every 3 years..lol
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

Definitely Beaches with kids, and I always got a WAY better rate when I went through my travel agent and not Beaches' website.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by 68Stang View Post
    Beaches...if the kids are younger.. Grand Pineapple really doesn't have much in the way of things for the kids to do.
    If i was lucky, I got a bucket and a shovel, both of which eventually broke, and I loved every minute of it. Not saying that giant playground wouldn't have been amazing. Hell, I want to climb on that thing now.