Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please suggest an ALL INCLUSIVE for my friend

User Info Menu

Re: Please suggest an ALL INCLUSIVE for my friend

I recommend NOT staying at an AI......period. Keep on them. They may as well go to Jersey and stay locked behind a fence. Blahhhhh.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyNYC View Post
    If i was lucky, I got a bucket and a shovel, both of which eventually broke, and I loved every minute of it. Not saying that giant playground wouldn't have been amazing. Hell, I want to climb on that thing now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kold Ass Mofo View Post
    I recommend NOT staying at an AI......period. Keep on them. They may as well go to Jersey and stay locked behind a fence. Blahhhhh.
    i agree with both of you and i know that op (who happens to be my sister) does, too.

my sister (op) and i were raised by hippies in the 70s and 80s, so we needed and expected nothing more than a pail and a shovel and a kite (our dad was really into flying kites). for better or for worse, i pretty much raise my kid the same way. we've done disney world and he and his father have gone to great adventure, but when we're at the beach all we're doing is swimming in the ocean, playing soccer, listening to music and climbing trees. we don't need any of the bells and whistles.

i seriously try to wrap my head around WHY people feel they need an AI in JA, especially when there are kids involved. throw 'em on the beach and let them chill!

User Info Menu

She’s right. But without going into it too much here - I don’t have the energy really to try and talk them out of an AI. I have a little already and well it’s just time for me to let them
    Do whatever they’re gonna. I asked if they wanted me to recommend amazing non AI spots on the beach and they said no. Their kids are super smart. I’m guessing here they want a lotta activities to keep the kids busy so they can enjoy themselves and not have to worry about watching them on the beach? Or that they’d be bored just being on the beach all day? I don’t know. Didn’t get too deep into specifics. Thanks everyone for AI suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    i agree with both of you and i know that op (who happens to be my sister) does, too.

my sister (op) and i were raised by hippies in the 70s and 80s, so we needed and expected nothing more than a pail and a shovel and a kite (our dad was really into flying kites). for better or for worse, i pretty much raise my kid the same way. we've done disney world and he and his father have gone to great adventure, but when we're at the beach all we're doing is swimming in the ocean, playing soccer, listening to music and climbing trees. we don't need any of the bells and whistles.

i seriously try to wrap my head around WHY people feel they need an AI in JA, especially when there are kids involved. throw 'em on the beach and let them chill!

User Info Menu

Beaches does a beautiful job of catering to families with young children. If they can, I would highly recommend Beaches.

Things still tend to run on "island" time sometimes, but overall, they know that young families need to keep children fed and active. The staff, entertainment, facilities, and restaurants cater to families of all ages. The kid camp lets mom and dad have a little time to themselves. It's a great vacation, IMO.
    I'm gonna be Iron like a Lion in Zion

User Info Menu

Good chance if you take kids to the GP they might be the only ones there at the time. It's not an adults only property, but some of us are fortunate that it "happens" to be moreso than not.

User Info Menu

We've been to GP 3 times & would have been there 5 but twice were sent to Beaches instead. GP is great because it has a nice beach but we've never seen many kids there. If the kids don't mind playing by themselves & not much to do I'd say go with it because it's reasonably priced & if you get tired of their 1 buffet food you will have enough $ to go somewhere else to eat at times. BUT...what kid wouldn't love Beaches?? There is so much to do there & the beach is beautiful. Heck, I loved doing those things myself! I enjoyed floating around on the tubes on the Lazy River & they get a big selection of different places to eat. We could never have afforded Beaches on our own though. Very pricey!! We only went because GP sent us there. We've also stayed non AI which is also fine with us but if I were going with kids I think I would prefer an AI. It's just easier. You don't have to stay locked up there the whole time. You can still walk the beach & visit other places.