Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: 50 th Birthday in Jamaica or Shashamane ?

User Info Menu

50 th Birthday in Jamaica or Shashamane ?

Greetings Everyone,

I haven't been to Jamaica in a very long time but the thought came to mind recently. I turn 50 in October and I would like to do something unique. Something that would help me reflect the past and forsee the future. I thought what I needed instead of a lavish dinner or gifts was some inner peace and ital food amongst rastas in either the mountains of Jamaica or ZION Shashamane Ethiopia. However it seems like there is not much going on in Shashamane itself but perhaps the trip to the main city Addis Ababa...combined with Shashamane would be interesting enough ? OR does anyone have any ideas on the island of Jamaica ? Do any rasta communities or camps exist like what I read in a book recently ? Would I be welcomed to stay a day or two ?

I have been to Negril 4 times. Great Times and amazing food. Would you recommend I try this idea from another base on the island or is Negril the right place to be ?

Thank You for any input you can give me.

User Info Menu

Re: 50 th Birthday in Jamaica or Shashamane ?

you might want to look into school of vision in the blue mountains.

here's a link to their airbnb page: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/5334344?guests=1&adults=1

https://www.facebook.com/pages/categ...5043114756846/

User Info Menu

^ Looks interesting. I will definitely look into it.

I wonder if exploring Kingston on foot for a few days would be worth the effort as well ? Are all hotels in Kingston very expensive ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sonero View Post
    ^ Looks interesting. I will definitely look into it.

I wonder if exploring Kingston on foot for a few days would be worth the effort as well ? Are all hotels in Kingston very expensive ?
    i love kingston.

if you’re on a tight budget, google the reggae hostel.

i spent my 50th birthday at strawberry hill, great huts and terra nova hotels.

it was great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by mwenvlay View Post
    i love kingston.

if you’re on a tight budget, google the reggae hostel.

i spent my 50th birthday at strawberry hill, great huts and terra nova hotels.

it was great.
    That school of visions is just what I was looking for. The food in the video was mouthwatering. Nothing would please me more than to wake up on my 50th to a spliff a nice view and some ital cooking. No candles needed

Where is Strawberry Hill ?

I sent School Of Visions an email. I really hope they are good with communicating over the internet because for this to work I need to feel like they are reachable to answer questions.

Have you been there ?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Sonero View Post
    That school of visions is just what I was looking for. The food in the video was mouthwatering. Nothing would please me more than to wake up on my 50th to a spliff a nice view and some ital cooking. No candles needed

Where is Strawberry Hill ?

I sent School Of Visions an email. I really hope they are good with communicating over the internet because for this to work I need to feel like they are reachable to answer questions.

Have you been there ?
    strawberry hill is in irish town- about an hour from kingston in the mountains.

i haven't been to school of vision but i can tell it's the type of place you're looking for. it's definitely geared toward the tourist experience, but this is probably the closest you'll get to a chill, ital vibe in current day jamaica.