Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Lobster at 3 dives this time of year

User Info Menu

Lobster at 3 dives this time of year

wondering if 3 dives is able to serve lobster this time of year ? perhaps they have a frozen supply ?

Administrator

User Info Menu

Re: Lobster at 3 dives this time of year

Lobster is out of season, please do not order it anywhere until July 1st.
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

I find it quite curious that places that can't even keep ice in stock somehow manage to keep a two month supply of "frozen lobster"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MikeyNYC View Post
    I find it quite curious that places that can't even keep ice in stock somehow manage to keep a two month supply of "frozen lobster"
    No business is supposed to be keeping "a two month supply of "frozen lobster".
    They can only stock & sell declared lobster for 21 days after closed season has begun. Closed season is from April 1 to June 30.

User Info Menu

thanks for the info . guess will have to do without it this upcoming trip

User Info Menu

Here now. Plenty of places offering lobster after the 21st. Guys still walking the beach selling them.

When questioned, restaurants will tell you its ok to sell as long as it's frozen, which isn't true.

User Info Menu

A guy was selling lobsters on the beach last week. When he asked us if we wanted some we told him we knew it was out of season and he shouldn't be selling them. He just gave us a dirty look and walked off. I did try to educate a few Europeans who bought them, but they seemed more annoyed with me than the vendor.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by phineasfreakears View Post
    A guy was selling lobsters on the beach last week. When he asked us if we wanted some we told him we knew it was out of season and he shouldn't be selling them. He just gave us a dirty look and walked off. I did try to educate a few Europeans who bought them, but they seemed more annoyed with me than the vendor.
    Phineasfreakears...good for you for trying!!
    It's frustrating as hell when you know the law & more importantly the reason for the law and then still see illegal vendors selling lobster!
    Do know...that we've have seen many of these vendors busted and fined over the years and have also seen some restaurants in trouble with the law!!