Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Negril River Excursion

User Info Menu

Negril River Excursion

On our next trip thinking about a journey up the Negril river. For those that have done this trip, what wildlife / flora would we expect to see along the way. Any tips on who best to hire for this excursion. Thanks in advance for the information.

User Info Menu

Re: Negril River Excursion

I didn't know there was a Negril river excursion. Might be interesting..keeping an eye on this thread.
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

I don't think there is a formal excursion. I was thinking hiring one of the boats along the beach to take us if there was something interesting to see. I am sure someone has made this trip.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Have made the trip many times, here is a Negril Today page from 1998.

http://www.realnegril.com/beingees/nn100198.htm

The best time to go is before sunset. The sunset is gorgeous on the way back!

http://www.realnegril.com/beingees/nn110198.htm
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

Wow, the beingees days. Just to let you know, I really appreciate all you have done for your viewers, Jamaica and yourself over the years. It has been a trip looking in from the outside. Know you have enjoyed it more and hope to read here for many more years.

User Info Menu

I second that Irie!
    [/url]

Sometimes it's better to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission.

User Info Menu

We hired Capt Clark's boat to take us down the river in February. There are various birds. The mangroves, jungle, and mountains in the background are quite lovely. We went as far as an old bridge where the river narrowed and got out and walked around a bit by the old road going to the Royal Palm Reserve. Our boatman said no one is allowed on the reserve anymore.

Name:  20190228_123530.jpg
Views: 924
Size:  1.78 MB

Name:  20190228_123736.jpg
Views: 961
Size:  3.52 MB

Name:  20190228_125448.jpg
Views: 960
Size:  3.17 MB

Name:  20190228_125544.jpg
Views: 944
Size:  2.58 MB

Name:  20190228_130131.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  2.93 MB
    Last edited by Todd; 05-10-2019 at 08:06 AM.
    Peace, Todd & Cher

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    We hired Capt Clark's boat to take us down the river in February. There are various birds. The mangroves, jungle, and mountains in the background are quite lovely. We went as far as an old bridge where the river narrowed and got out and walked around a bit by the old road going to the Royal Palm Reserve. Our boatman said no one is allowed on the reserve anymore.

Name:  20190228_130131.jpg
Views: 1020
Size:  2.93 MB
    great photos!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jamaicabnd View Post
    On our next trip thinking about a journey up the Negril river. For those that have done this trip, what wildlife / flora would we expect to see along the way. Any tips on who best to hire for this excursion. Thanks in advance for the information.
    The dreamcatcher II does this tour regularly and are very knowledgeable. They can be reached at 876-361-1196 or here https://www.facebook.com/The-Dream-C...3453829011253/

User Info Menu

It’s a great excursion, doesn’t take too long and gives you a different perspective of the morass. We did it a few times when the Royal Palm Reserve was still open. You would walk from the iron bridge about a mile to the reserve. I wish the reserve could find a sponsor to reopen it.