Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Questions. Leaving for Negril on Friday.

User Info Menu

Questions. Leaving for Negril on Friday.

We are leaving for our 4th trip to Jamaica on Friday. Staying at Tensing Pen and then Sunset at the Palms. Questions are as follows:

1. Considering having our driver stop at Scotchies in Montego Bay for a quick bite before heading to Dovecot Memorial cemetary to pay respects to our dear friend Carlton Smith who passed away in 2016. He was a driver for Irie Routes and before that Reggae Tours. Does Scotchies take credit cards? Was thinking of stopping there as we have never been rather than waiting for the Red Dragon in Negril.

2. We will need to take a cab from Tensing Pen to Sunset at the Palms. How much approximately should cab fare be and how much do you tip a cab driver?

3. Does anyone know the hours of the Lion's Lair at Banana Shout? It sounds convienent and do they have much of a selection?

4. Best place for our driver top stop to get some Dragon Stout, Ting and water?

Thanks,

Snickerbilly

User Info Menu

Re: Questions. Leaving for Negril on Friday.

Banana Shout advertises on their gate that they're open 2p - 7p. I found that to be hit or miss. Was in Negril end of April into May and Stopped by 3 different times. The first time someone eventually came to the door and he had two kinds (I forget the strain names) as well as some black hash. It's pricey at $10 per gram, but it was pretty good. I assume that if buying more than a gram or two, you could probably get a deal. I was shown around the lounge, which is just a covered table and some chairs. They had scissors and papers and lighters available for use. There was a branch of what I was told was "homegrown" on the table, they told me I was welcome to try it. It was still a bit wet and didn't burn well but was better than what they're selling on the beach. The other two times I was told to come back tomorrow. We were staying at Catcha and could see right into the property from our room, and there's not much happening there.

I saw other signs advertising, Cafe Goa was one, but when I asked they didn't have anything available (First time I asked for smoke in JA and was told no!) I also saw signs advertising dabs! But those businesses were closed / boarded up.

Name:  IMG_20190429_174220.jpg
Views: 456
Size:  1.60 MB

User Info Menu

Re: Questions. Leaving for Negril on Friday.

We went to Scotchies in Mobay a couple years ago with Linston. Although the vibe is pretty rustic, they do have a modern check-out system which accepts credit cards. Great place for jerk chicken, if you are in Mobay. It's not exactly on the route to Negril, but if you are making another stop nearby it's well worth it.

For beverages, Linston usually stops at a random convenience/gift on the Hip Strip. I couldn't tell you the name, but there are many to choose from. I usually just run in, grab some beer, water and maybe a patty then we hit the road.