Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Trip Report

User Info Menu

Trip Report

A quick trip report for my daughter who was in Negril with her boyfriend in April. . We used to rent a house in Port Antonio when she was little, and traveled around the island, but she hadn't been in Negril since she was 12, 16 years ago.She stayed at White Sands, which she liked, and loved Negril. Good to see the next wave coming along. She said the higglers were a little intimidating at first, but when she showed them my picture, they laughed and said something to the effect "we've known the general for 30 years and you look just like the boss lady" and started to treat her like an old timer. I gave her some extra money to give some business to some of my friends. They particularly enjoyed breakfast and dinner at Charela and the jerk and fried chicken at Vinney's. I made sure she bought fruit and juice from my old friend Merlyn in front of Beachouse Villa who is still reeling from the tragic murder of her daughter and two grandchildren last April by the crazed baby daddy ex (now in jail). We arranged for her to wave to us on the CoCo webcam - and we became addicted to just watching the beach to check out the daily weather and the coming and going. We got a kick out of watching one of the security guards chase Clinton off the beach for trying to tie a bracelet on an unsuspecting tourist. And occasionally we'd watch Barry and Bruce (cigarettes) wave to us on the webcam. Warning - webcam watching can become a dangerous habit. It was almost like a quick revisit for us. And we're thrilled she loves like Negril like we do!

User Info Menu

Re: Trip Report

Ah, so BARRY is still at his post between Idle and Coco?

User Info Menu

Sounds like they had a good time! I’m curious to learn more about this webcam, can you provide a link please or more info? We have been to Negril twice but because of health issue’s its been since 2015. Looking forward to our third trip coming Feb 2020.
    Last edited by DetroitMichele; 05-17-2019 at 07:18 AM.

User Info Menu

Barry, your friendly drug dealer. He acts like he owns his area and takes GREAT offense if anyone tries to tell a potential customer that much better ganja is available elsewhere
    https://www.tickerfactory.com]

User Info Menu

Hey Michelle, I'm from Port Huron, MI. Been to Negril every year since 1999. My health took a turn for the worse (semi-paralyzed from stroke in June 2014), but still made it to Negril October 2014. Then I had triple bypass heart surgery (May 2016), was back in Negril October 2016. That's my spot and I'm going till I can't go anymore. You may want to consider contacting Comfort of Home Nursing or someone similar in Negril if you're concerned about health while there.

Dr. J

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitMichele View Post
    Sounds like they had a good time! I’m curious to learn more about this webcam, can you provide a link please or more info? We have been to Negril twice but because of health issue’s its been since 2015. Looking forward to our third trip coming Feb 2020.
    https://www.cocolapalm.com/coco-beach-livestream/

User Info Menu

i love to hear your report. our 23 year old daughter has been there since in my wife belly about 6 months pregnant and my 20 year old went at about 7 weeks. they have each been about 7 times. i hope they continue as we have , me 46 years years of vists

User Info Menu

Going to Negril pregnant is a sure way to make sure you don't come home pregnant!

User Info Menu

Hi fellow Michigander! Sounds like you have had your share of medical issue’s! Thankfully I’m pretty stable at the moment and hopefully won’t have to worry about health issue’s while there.

User Info Menu

Thanks for the live link, I can see myself spending way too much time looking at it lol