Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: After 14 long years...finally going back to Negril

User Info Menu

After 14 long years...finally going back to Negril

Well, it's been 14 long years since I've traveled to Negril. I just booked a trip for my husband and myself for our 25th wedding anniversary. We will be staying at Sunset at the Palms in early December. My prior three trips I stayed at CCLP (with girlfriends/sister/niece). I am so excited I can hardly contain myself. I've tuned in to the Bob Marley Pandora station and cannot quit on-line shopping for sundresses and swimsuits. This may be the longest 5.5 months of my life. This will be my husband's first trip to Negril and I hope he loves it as much as I do. I'm a bit nervous about bringing him along because he can be a bit uptight. Hopefully, the sun, sand, and sea will be just what he needs. Thanks for listening to me ramble. I just needed to share. No one else understands how I am feeling right now. I may be asking for a little advice in the upcoming months. Thanks in advance!

User Info Menu

Re: After 14 long years...finally going back to Negril

Congratulations on your 25th Anniversary & your return!
    Sunset at the Palms is a great introduction to Negril for your husband & perfect for a special anniversary!

User Info Menu

Congratulations!! Our first trip to Negril was for our 30th anniversary many years ago. We will now be going for our 47th & we have had 7 in between. Enjoy!

User Info Menu

Great place to be for anniversary. First had my 2nd anniversary there and every one after up to this Feb. which will be our 37th !

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sunsandseagirl View Post
    I'm a bit nervous about bringing him along because he can be a bit uptight. Hopefully, the sun, sand, and sea will be just what he needs.
    I cant imagine anyone's "uptightness" remaining very long in Negril. I am anxious to hear how this turns out for you/him.

User Info Menu

I don't know what time of day you will arrive, you should try to catch his first reaction on video when he walks down to the ocean. A picture does not do it justice, he will be blown away. To reduce the uptight feeling, may I suggest a pit stop at Bigga's for some fantastic jerk chicken, an ice cold beer, and arguably the best hot sauce on the island. It's about half way to Negril and all the tension of travel just melts away when you visit there. Have a great time!
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by sunsandseagirl View Post
    Well, .... I just needed to share. No one else understands how I am feeling right now. Thanks in advance!

Everyone here knows how you feel !

Soon come

User Info Menu

I went back after 23 years. Same feelings.

Worked out great

Cap
    Linston's Zion Hill Taxi

Captain Dave

User Info Menu

"This will be my husband's first trip to Negril and I hope he loves it as much as I do. I'm a bit nervous about bringing him along because he can be a bit uptight"........
    Negril has a way of "unscrewing that tight feeling"...been going since mid '80s...............wishing I could "re-feel" my first time.......
    "One of the laundry gals pipes up ,,"LOOK AT DA BLOOD"
    "YES,THAT WOULD BE MINE" I said as my leg that at first gave no pain, started dishing it out in large bunches........"

want more read our blog? our first trip.........http://negril.com/forum/entry.php?58...-The-Beginning