Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Bringing Beer to Jamaica

User Info Menu

Bringing Beer to Jamaica

OK, nothing against Jamaican beer. But sometimes I want Stella or a crisp Becks.

I saw a thread here saying Stella was available somewhere in Jamaica. In the years I've been in JA I've never seen it.

- Anyone know where?

Then, I guess I can buy beer at the airport here in Toronto after I clear security. But.. how much can I bring? I saw something on JA customs site about 1 litre of wine or spirits, but beer not mentioned, and 1 litre is like 3 standard beer bottles only!

https://www.jacustoms.gov.jm/travellers

- any experience with this, anybody?

Phil

User Info Menu

Re: Bringing Beer to Jamaica

I only have experience bringing a handful of unique beer into Jamaica...I don't know what the actual laws are regarding the limits...
    but...you can buy both Stella & Becks at the Hi Lo Grocery & a few other grocery stores here.
    Last edited by Bnewb; 06-20-2019 at 11:10 PM.

Administrator

User Info Menu

Import selection today at HiLo...

Name:  IMG_20190621_144048.jpg
Views: 974
Size:  928.5 KB
    Negril.com - For the vacation that never ends!

User Info Menu

oh that's smashing ! thanks for the photo!

User Info Menu

The beer might be a tad old. I remember seeing some Born on Dates on Bud bottles a year or so old. But, I guess old beer, is aged beer.

User Info Menu

The concept of "limit" is not what applies to the customs processing. You can bring as much wine, spirits, beer as you like. The customs processing defines what amount is duty free and the excess (can/may/will) have a duty applied to the stuff over that allowance.

User Info Menu

Stop at Mega Mart in Mo Bay. They have a decent selection of beer there. I love Red Stripe but stop there for wine and liquor. The prices are better than Negril.
    “Indecision may or may not be my problem.”

Sponsor

User Info Menu

I often bring a bottle of wine, as it is hard to find good wine in Jamaica. Yes I have looked in Hi-Lo, and they do have a selection of imported wine, but no high-end wines. Hi-Lo is OK but it ain't Whole Foods. That reminds me - gotta get a bottle and pack it as I'm leaving tomorrow.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rtitle View Post
    I often bring a bottle of wine, as it is hard to find good wine in Jamaica. Yes I have looked in Hi-Lo, and they do have a selection of imported wine, but no high-end wines. Hi-Lo is OK but it ain't Whole Foods. That reminds me - gotta get a bottle and pack it as I'm leaving tomorrow.
    If you have a fave that comes in a box bring that. You’re allowed 6 ltrs.we brought 2 X 3 ltrs