Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Negril Yoga Centre closing

User Info Menu

Negril Yoga Centre closing

The Yoga Center doesn't get mentioned much on this site, but it meant a lot to me so I thought I would share this.

I saw on Facebook an announcement that the NYC was closing after 39 years. I stayed there at least a dozen times over the years and considered it to be a tranquil oasis in a chaotic world. Originally I found it through Lonely Planet and even though I would never be mistaken for a "yoga" type of guy, I was attracted by its modest price. But I fell in love with it as soon as I walked though its gates. It had a simplicity, an old school quiet hippie vibe. Across the street from the beach, with no all inclusive bar or pool or TV, it wasn't every one's cup of tea. But the rooms were simple, clean and pleasant, the staff gracious and loving, the food delicious and fellow lodgers chill. I have been going to Negril for the last 16 years, and didn't experience the "old Negril" so many boardies reminisce about here, but to me it was a real throw back to a different era.

It was one of the places that made me happiest on earth.

Change is inevitable- we all grow up, grow old, and eventually leave. Impermanence is inescapable. Everything vanishes. All that lasts are our memories- in this case happy ones- and the memories we pass on to others.

Thank you for those memories.

Blessings to the staff.

Thanks for reading this and letting me share

User Info Menu

Re: Negril Yoga Centre closing

I thought the title said Naked Yoga, that would have been fun.

User Info Menu

Did someone say naked yoga? Count me in!

User Info Menu

thank you for posting.

User Info Menu

Sounds like a business plan...buy it and rebrand it!! Free transportation between Hedo and Yoga center!! lol

User Info Menu

Sand Gravity...what a wonderful tribute!!
    Negril.com/Rob & the Negril Yoga Centre have a lovely, long history...it's sad to hear they're closing.

User Info Menu

Im sorry to hear of its closing. I never stayed there but enjoyed some yoga classes years ago and have been meaning to go back.. guess that won't happen now .. And your right...it had a nice vibe to it. Hopefully someone will step up and offer a similar yoga experience.