Home | Search Negril | Negril Map | Videos | Forum | Negril Calendar of Events | Where To Stay | Transportation | Restaurants | Things To Do

Thread: Southwest from Chicago....... Disappointing

User Info Menu

Southwest from Chicago....... Disappointing

I see Southwest just opened up flights from Midway for January through the winter. Only seeing non-stop flights on Saturday and Sunday. I know there's other non-stop options out of O'Hare through the week, but have enjoyed Southwest for the last several years. Maybe something opens later? Disappointing for us but not a big deal in the long run. I know many of you go through a lot more travel headaches than than this. Soon come!!

User Info Menu

Re: Southwest from Chicago....... Disappointing

I'll never get over the demise of Air Jamaica and their direct flights between MBJ and ORD. Got to MoBay by noon, left at 4PM. AA sometimes has a decent itinerary (AA975, AA976) but since we book around the availability of our room, we can't always fly direct - somehow we are able to tough it out!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by odinson View Post
    i'll never get over the demise of air jamaica and their direct flights between mbj and ord. Got to mobay by noon, left at 4pm. Aa sometimes has a decent itinerary (aa975, aa976) but since we book around the availability of our room, we can't always fly direct - somehow we are able to tough it out!

x 2...……………..

User Info Menu

I also remember the Air Jamaica Days ORD to MBJ...but they always seem to have issues leaving on time more times than not..& their aircraft's got funkier every year too...not in a good way either....AA975 & AA976 always works for me since then...booked already for Jan. 2020

User Info Menu

McLaren, we are in the same situation. I called Southwest and have sent an email to corporate per the person I talked to needing to find out if more direct flights will be added. She also thought it also might have something to do with the 737 Max 8 aircraft problems. I have not heard back but will post when i do. If there is no direct flight, it is more convenient for us to go through St. Louis. I will keep you posted.
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks for some extra insight. First time in a long time that I booked my rooms before securing airfare. St.Louis could be possibility for my daughter. I'll have her look into it. Would love to hear what other info might come up.
    Last edited by McLaren; 08-27-2019 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Spelling

User Info Menu

McLaren, here is the response I got back from Southwest, blah, blah, blah:

Thanks for contacting us. We appreciate the opportunity to respond.

Creating flight schedules for our current destinations and making plans to serve new cities is an ongoing process for our Network Planning Department. They take in to account local demand, current economic factors, and the airline industry as a whole, and they adjust our flight schedules accordingly. We have to make the most out of what we have and create a flight schedule that maximizes our resources, ensures cost savings, and offers the best overall product to our Customers. I’m truly sorry that, in the short term, you will be inconvenienced due to our decision to eliminate your desired route. We are constantly reevaluating our performance and our flight schedules, so check out Southwest.com the next time we release a new schedule.

Again, thanks for contacting us as we never tire of hearing from our Customers. We look forward to an opportunity to serve your air travel needs in the future.

Sincerely,

Monique, Southwest Airlines
    [https://www.TickerFactory.com/]

User Info Menu

Thanks Phil & Cindy for the 'extra' info. Priceless. And the beat goes on for airfare. Lol